Photos of my girls

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BudgetMessiah, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Here's an updated photo of these clones. The three on the left with white tags are from a Wedding Cake plant that didn't make it to flower. The fourth is a Gelato taken from the smaller of the two plants in the main group. I chose the smaller because the other one was stretchy and long-legged right out of the seed, and I'm looking for well-behaved girls that don't run towards the lights! :p
    ENip0smXkAAKCwP.jpg
    I let the smaller of the Gelato clones in the older picture go. It didn't take the transition to soil well.

2. Here's some photos of the overflow tent, with and without purple lights, and a photo of the flower.

The seed bank's guidance says the tall plant takes about 70-ish days from germination to finish. It's been about 65. How much longer do you guys reckon I should let it ride?
    ENitTRWXUAAevOu.jpg ENitUBZXYAIV7yK.jpg ENiwPUwXYAUGOyK.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. They look great man, you got a few weeks in my opinion you have too many white hairs coming out, they will brown up and recede into the bud itself as it matures, also want to check the trics to see if you got any amber, I usually chop anywhere from 10-30% amber (you will need a jewelers loupe to see well) good luck man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks, I'm really glad they came out as well as they did. It's gotta be the genes.

I'll keep an eye on them with a magnifying glass, as you say. I guess I should have mentioned this is an autoflower. Do you reckon that might mean it comes together in less time than a few more weeks?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Nah, the breeders are always off on their estimates, it usually takes 2-4 weeks longer no matter what strain or breeder

6. #26 BudgetMessiah, Jan 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    That's good to know, but at the same time, I've seen users report that this particular seed bank's estimates (MSNL) are pretty faithful. For example, a couple of user reviews confirmed that their Caramelicious had a harvest time of around 55 days. Mine are still in early flower at 45.
    It could be that my results, and presumably your results, are because we're growing our plants in a different way than the customers who are getting results consistent with the seed bank's estimates. Which I really don't care about, it's ready when it's ready. This is just my first grow, so I'm a little vague on when that is. :confusedalt:
    Thanks for your advice!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Of course man, different environments will cause different growth rates and generally their estimates are based on the perfect growing conditions for that strain. We all learn for sure, I generally won’t know what my estimated dates are cuz I will grow any seed I can find really lol got one going now

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Beautiful. That looks old enough to flip.
    Do you have any photos from the side, and do you know what it is?

Anywhoo, for my part, I got a light meter for stocking stuffer, so now I know that I really should have been applying more light to the plants. I also felt a little shackled by the fact that these autos started life bunking with photos, and I didn't feel confident in pushing them up to a 24 hour cycle once they were already showing flowers. I'm also going to try adding CFLs or some sort of LEDs if I can find them in the right color temps.

So I know where I failed, but I'm eager to try again!

• Like Like x 1
  9. [​IMG]

So I put her under a net today, she big enough to flip, she is 4 1/2 weeks old from seed

[​IMG]

This side pic is from yesterday but still lol

10. I do not know what she is no, I believe it is gg4 cuz I think that’s all I had but I am old as shit

11. 42 here and still learning new tricks.
    I have a bunch of GG seeds just waiting to go. Keep me posted on how this plant turns out?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Word will do fo sho, I love gg4 every time haha and I am only 28 but 50 in my young age lmao

13. Here in case you wanna follow along

Been a while dwc

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. #34 BudgetMessiah, Jan 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    So far so good.
    Which is to say, there are now actual flowers forming on the taller, and not just wispy hairs all over.
    The shorter isn't at that point yet, but she's sprouting those janky looking leaves that come right before flower, so it won't be long now.
    20200106_194540.jpg 20200106_194639.jpg 20200106_194557.jpg

15. Ahhhh Noooooooooo! Lol. Happy growing! 20191124_104853.jpg 20191124_104938.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. #36 BudgetMessiah, Jan 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    :(

20191222_034831.jpg

17. My grow is getting on towards the later weeks, but I'm not really seeing a lot of fall colors. As a matter of fact I have this explosion of delicate growth at the bottom of each of my bigger plants.
    Is this enchanted forest nonsense fairly standard? When are my leaves going to start dying off?
    ecbot.jpg

Also, what is this powdery stuff on the outside of my bags?
    20200107_071505.jpg

18. That's one of the ones already in flower? Weird, sure looks like it's re-veging for some reason.

I get that residue on my grow bags also. I was worried it was mold at first, but I'm pretty sure it's just nutrient residue/salt buildup. If you think it's mold, you can wipe down the outside of the bag with peroxide.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Haha. There might be a reason for that. For a period of a few days I had set my timer up an hour from 12 instead of down one. I don't know if that would do it. The flowers look fine and well developed, tho. Here's a couple of shots of that plant from last night
    . 20200107_215454.jpg 20200107_215645.jpg

• Like Like x 1