Photographic Progression [A Look At My Career]

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Durchii, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Well, it's hard to imagine that only two years ago I was just a goofy looking prick with a camera, looking for a good time and something to shoot. Through hell, high water and a few cases of beer I built my portfolio and usually enjoyed every second of it. I loved the responses I got and am fortunate to have a family such as GC to share everything I've done and revel in knowing that you guys will be here in the future.

This is typically a bad time of the year for me, as the weather is nice but the landscapes are usually shitty to point a camera at, so my shots are mostly comprised of indoor modeling shit that I'm not that great at right now, so I figured I would do my best to post a quick synopsis of the shots I've taken over the past two years.

If anything, I really hope this can inspire the lot of you budding shooters out there to keep working at it and finding your own way. It only took me two years of shooting on and off to get where I am today and I still have a lot of work to do, I promise you. This is a dog-eat-dog market and I'm still at the bottom of the ladder, but I'm glad that I could help so many of you get to where you are right now and get you closer and closer to the top. Many of you are soon to be much better than I and I look forward to it.

I dedicate every waking moment of my shooting to GrassCity, the forum of kings!

:D

The Year of the Point and Shoot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Single Lens Reflex Dawning

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There's really nothing left to say, so I leave you with this..

[​IMG]

Mahalo.

2. Its all beautiful man, theres really no other way to put it.:smoke:

3. You can really see a huge improvement in your shots as time goes by. It's a joy to look at. I especially like the silhouette of the girl in the flowers.

4. Those photos are amazing, keep up the good work.

5. They're all awesome but I was surprised at how professional they looked. Great work man.

big props to the raver pic as well.

6. nice pics.

i love photography, especially taking pictures of nature and whatnot. I especially liked the flower pics.

So what camera are you using to snap these shots now? probably multiple cameras, but still curious.

nice work

7. All of your pictures have a nice focal point in them, but I especially love the (numerous) ones that actually show a good depth of field.
    Are all of those pictures solely from a digital camera, or do you use film? I'm slowly working my way into digital photography..hoping to get a nice Canon Rebel sometime in the nearby future, as well as some new lenses for my Nikon FM :)) I love that camera), along with an enlarger so I can start doing some work when I'm not enrolled in school, since I can't very well sneak into schools to do developing and all that fun stuff.

8. Thanks, all of you!

Ridonkulous, I shot the 'Point and Shoot' series with a Canon Powershot A95 and the Single Lens Reflex series with a Canon 30D, for which I have three lenses.

cracrocksteady, I don't do much film work as of now but definitely expect some up here when I start school. It's something I've always wanted to get into and my 35mm body doesn't get worked nearly enough.

:D

9. Wonderful pictures man, keep up the good work! :hello: