1. the shit deepens:
    Amazon and eBay images broken by Photobucket's 'ransom demand'
    Thousands of images promoting goods sold on Amazon and other shopping sites have been removed after a photo-sharing service changed its terms.
    Ebay and Etsy have also been affected, in addition to many forums and blogs.
    The problem has been caused by Photobucket introducing a charge for allowing images hosted on its platform to be embedded into third-party sites.
    The company caught many of its members unaware with the change, prompting some to accuse it of holding them to ransom.
    Denver-based Photobucket is now seeking a $399 (£309) annual fee from those who wish to continue using it for "third-party hosting" and is facing a social media backlash as a consequence.
    The BBC received an automated response when it tried to contact the company and is still seeking comment.
    [​IMG]
    Policy switch
    Photobucket has been online since 2003 and says it has more than 100 million customers and more than 15 billion images on its servers.
    Part of its attraction with small retailers was the fact that its ad-supported "free" accounts could be used to upload images of goods to a single destination from where they could be pushed to multiple outlets.

(Amazon and eBay images broken by Photobucket's 'ransom demand' - BBC News)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1

2. I hope their customers pressure them enough to revoke this crazy idea. Out of the 100 million customers, there must be a significant amount of people getting affected by this

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hey All ,

We have a solution but it is not easy to implement. Basically we have to invest way more in server structure to implement the solution. The solution is to convert all embed images to attachments. However as you can imagine that will require way too much disk space , we will check our options further to see if we can resolve this without major costs. So at this stage please don't expect an urgent fix from us. However please note we are doing everything in our power to resolve this.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Wow that sounds amazing. I wasn't expecting you guys to be able to directly do anything about this.

I've been looking for an alternative hosting site to use for now, any suggestions?

5. He's basically saying that while there is a solution, it is too costly. So, as of now, the only thing that will be done is to perhaps find another solution.

6. Yes I fully understood what he said. My response was directed at...

"we will check our options further to see if we can resolve this without major costs."

I was just showing my gratitude.

The other solution is to find an alternative hosting site, that's why I asked if anyone had one they can recommend

7. Ok, just making sure.

You can always upload your photos here: Media | Grasscity Forums

8. [​IMG]
    This popular chart is being beamed to you from mediafire

I have a 50 GB.. Free storage

for

pics

books

anything

better get in quick before the entire planet does ..lol

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  9. ya know i have always used imgur to host my pictures. i hope they don't go the same route i got nearly a thousand images i would have to redownload.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. My two favs:

Imgur.com and

Post Images.org

Note: Imgur surrounds the link with the proper codes; PostImages doesn't.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks guys, I'll check those out now

12. I will suggest using forum's built in attachment system and Media Gallery to hold your pictures. Imgur etc.. other companies may follow Photobucket route in future.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. #36 GoldGrower, Jul 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    How much space am I allowed to use?

When putting photos in to a thread, the media gallery seems to be showing all the photos all bunched together and not separated by albums/folders. Once there are a couple of hundred photos in there I would imagine it would become a pain to scroll down through them all. Or do I have it wrong? I have only uploaded a few photos to try out

Is there a way to select multiple photos and upload them all in one go instead of doing them individually?

14. You can use forum built in attachment system for that , these days i am focused on resolving this issue for good thats why i am investigating couple options.

Forum attachment system allows you to upload multiple images at once with drag and drop , on top of that it also offers an easy way to embed them to your images.

15. If I upload as an attachment, I still need somewhere to keep the photos. Plus, the attachments are shown as thumbnails, which isn't to my taste.

I'm just trying all my options out to find the most suitable. When I used photobucket all my photos are stored there in albums. So I simply clicked an album, then clicked a photo and then click the share button. This put the code on my clipboard and I then just pasted it in to the thread as I'm typing. It's a really convenient system

@vostok how have you embedded that picture from mediafire? I can't seem to get it to embed

16. Dear Lizard King

Should a member be banned here at GC,

do they have some time to get their photos from their album

before termination...? say 24 hours..?

thanks

• Like Like x 1