Photobucket and Image Posting

Discussion in 'General' started by Gnome, May 15, 2007.

1. If you use Photobucket and you want to post a picture or a bunch of pictures in your post it can be done in an easy to do, easy to view fashion using the IMG Code Link rather than an URL Link. If you click the third box under your picture, labeled "IMG Code", it automatically copies the IMG code to your clipboard so that all you have to do is go into the reply/post new thread box and hit ctrl+V and a link with the IMG tags will be pasted allowing viewers of the thread to see your pictures with out having to follow a (or several) link(s).

[​IMG]
    *Location of IMG Code box*

[​IMG]
    *After clicking box once it is automatically copied to your "clipboard" for easy pasting*

[​IMG]
    *Select reply box and click Ctrl+V for easy image posting*

It makes it easier for you as a poster to post images, and easier for viewers so they dont have to open a bunch of tabs or windows, however you prefer to open links.

2. This should be stickied.

3. well i agree about the sticky, but i think it could be a little better written, with nothing in it to make someone feel stupid because they didnt know, and honestly, i rarely see people post just links unless its a single pic off like, tinypic. who the hell uses tinypic? geh.

+rep

EDIT: gave you yer 3rd bar :p

4. Ive always used the html code and it works

5. What do you mean? please elaborate.

6. Heh, I thought this was common knowledge but I guess not everyone is as nerdy as I am :(

7. The code above it. I always copied that and it works fine.

8. Why do you not just use the Grasscity gallery instead of Photobucket?

9. They both work, but lately i have seen a lot of URL Links, which links you to the image and you have to follow it in a new window/tab. I just use the IMG Code out of preference. I think the only difference is that the HTML Link code makes it a link that you can click to go to the image in an outisde tab/window.

I think some people have Photobucket so that you can share images with non grasscity members and with other forums.

10. When you use html code to link to another website/image it will open in the current window. In order to avoid that you need to add a _blank target which will cause it to load in a new window/tab.

HTML:
    [URL="URL HERE"]Text or Image[/URL]

There are... Other forums? :confused:

11. Photobuckets HTML Tag, the one with the link included, has that already so it will open in a new window/tab. But thanks for sharing how exactly that works i suppose.

I prefer the IMG Code because it doesnt have a link and i like clicking around the page sometimes so with the image not having links i dont end up opening 5 tabs.

mmm, ya? Tokecity and HG420 are two that i go to.

12. Yeah I kind of rambled off there. *Shrugs* The price I and everyone else pays for my being high I suppose. ;)

It was a joke. :p

I would still use Grasscity's gallery, I do not think there is anything wrong with posting the URL at other places. It would be the same as photobucket in that sense. Though I suppose if secrecy is an issue, photobucket would be one of the ways to go.

13. I was pretty sure it was a joke, hence the question mark. But i thought in order to see a picture hosted in grasscity's gallery you had to be a member. I could be mistaken, but ive linked to attachments and what not that were pictures in threads and friends have had to log in in order to view the picture. If the gallery doesnt work in this fashion, and anyone can see them then it would work fine i suppose. I like photobuckets layout, even though they did change it and its been working funny since :mad:.

What ever floats one's boat i reckon. Just wanted to let people know any easier, more efficient way to post photobucket images.

14. WOW was this thread helpful, espec. the first posting. Such a simple thing to do. I'm even somewhat computer savy and for the longest goddamn time I couldnt figure out how to post large full sized pics within my posting. Photobucket is so cool. Its literally cut and paste on a mac, take the third link under your pic in photobucket, cut and paste into your messege box. Thank you for explaining something so simple and awesome.:hello: