Photo period

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by EPICPRODIGY4, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Okay im gonna be planting for my first time but when should i plant that takes 8-14 weeks from seed to harvest i live in East texas i know it needs veg time but how would i plant it to get plenty of veg time and the good flowering too. I would grow auto flowers like i already will but im gettjng freebies and i wanna try and grow them . I was thinking around the middle of may what do you guys think? Cuz i heard they start flowering late jun/early july.
    Help please would reall appriacte any comments .

2. #3 Sgtstadanko707, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2013
    [quote name='"EPICPRODIGY4"']Okay im gonna be planting for my first time but when should i plant that takes 8-14 weeks from seed to harvest i live in East texas i know it needs veg time but how would i plant it to get plenty of veg time and the good flowering too. I would grow auto flowers like i already will but im gettjng freebies and i wanna try and grow them . I was thinking around the middle of may what do you guys think? Cuz i heard they start flowering late jun/early july.
    Help please would reall appriacte any comments .[/quote]

First off don't listen to the flower times on the website those are for indoor. By that logic if u plant in April it will be ready in July. Not going to happen. Most plants won't start to flower until the start of aug and that is when the 8-12 weeks starts. Indicas dominant are around 6-10 week flower time they finish around the end of mid to end of sept to the begging of oct. sativas take around 10-14 week flower time putting their Finish dates around the end of oct to mid nov. for some this is a problem do to rainy weather. Being in Texas I don't see that being a problem. I plant on 4/20 every year makes for a great day. That is about 7 months of growing and they got fucking huge.
    What size pots or wholes were you going to use.

3. Dude thanks a lot that helped a lot and i plan on just using 5 gallons. What do you think?! & so i just keep giveing them beg nutes when should i give them flower nutes & about how big will they get in that time??
    I know a lot for not ever to have grown just a few things im stuck on.

4. Beg=veg @Norcali86

5. I ususly start flowering feed Around aug 1

6. Really? Were do you live at? & when would you recoment planting them?

7. [quote name='"EPICPRODIGY4"']Really? Were do you live at? & when would you recoment planting them?[/quote]

Hence the name Norcali. I planted on April 1 last year and had a few plants start to flower. I planted on 4/20 the season before with no problems so doing that aging this year.

8. I know i might do that but if i plant them that early they are gonna ger huge befor they even flower and i don't want to have to keep feeding them all the time if they aren't gonna flower till like aug or sept you know?