photo-period issue

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by pasomike, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Good morning, I have to move my indoor grow outside. I am currently running an 18/6 photo-period. The hours are 6pm to 12pm. Is there a way to keep the plants from going into flower as they go outside? Thanks in advance.

2. I guess it depends where you are.
    Here, it is spring, it's going to be a long time before a plant goes into flower here in OR.
    I actually already moved a couple plants out to take advantage of the power of the sun.

If you are in a place where fall is begining then you maybe out of luck.

3. I'm in central Cali. Just not sure if goiung from 18hrs to what we have now will trigger flower. What was your indoor cycle ?:confused:

4. I have my clones and starts @ 24/0.

You should be fine.

5. Thank you . Any other thoughts on this from others, are appreciated.

6. Pasomike, maybe you could put the plant in an open area with plenty of sun hours (south facing) to maximize the amount of light you have (ex. open/south facing hill side). Check the times for sunrise and sunset in your area. I looked at weather channel online for sacremento and it looks like sunrise is around 6 am and sunset a little after 7 p.m. Don't know if this helps ot not.

7. :cool:Thanks OBF. I have always grown outdoors until this year. I've never paid as as much attention to my grows as I have with this indoor deal. Losing these ladies to flower prematurely is not in the plan. I suppose as long as the sun cycle continues to lengthen, all should be cool and keep 'em vegging.
    I was doing this grow for med supply, but with the rip off on kilowatt rates that PG&E (pacific gouge and electric) imposes, indoors is not conducive to the bottom line. Anyway, EL SOL still rules, we'll just have to wait.........