Photo Of Baby With Bong Sparks Investigation

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Volcano South, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Ed note to the media: YOU DON'T ALWAYS HAVE TO MAKE A PUN IN YOUR NEWS TITLES.

[​IMG]

By Steve Elliott in Culture, News
    Friday, Jun. 25 2010 @ 11:04AM

The 19-year-old mother said this photo is a joke, and that she doesn't allow her child to smoke pot.
    She may have to put those Mother of the Year dreams on the back burner for awhile.

A Keystone Heights, Florida woman allegedly took a photo of her 11-month-old baby holding (and seemingly hitting) a bong, and then had the monumental lack of judgment to post the picture on the Web.

After the photo sparked online outrage, the Florida Department of Children and Families has launched an investigation, reports KSDK.

The 19-year-old mother was quoted by numerous Jacksonville, Fla., new sources as saying the picture was a joke, and that she doesn't let her child smoke marijuana.

The mother told Channel 4 in Jacksonville that she has a "drug evaluation" scheduled for Friday, and the baby will be checked out by a pediatrician.

No charges have yet been filed in the incident.

Source: http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2010/06/photo_of_baby_with_bong_sparks_hysteria.php

2. :laughing:

that was stupid of this person to do but funny none the less.

i think they are over reacting a bit though, he doesnt even have a lighter : )

3. I'm pretty liberal and I know there's photos of babies smoking cigarettes and for years parents give babies a tiny bit of whiskey (I wouldn't as a parent and no one in their right mind should do that) and yeah ok I guess it's a little funny but:

only idiots take pictures!

4. lol, f 5 chars

5. Well there's your problem ;)

But it's pretty funny I have to say. It's one thing if there was smoke in the bong or if she was even smoking around the baby. But a picture with a baby holding a bong....harmless really.

6. What about an unloaded gun?

7. It's unloaded, so it's harmless

8. I don't really know what to think about that. I mean logically all morals aside, if it is completely harmless why not?

I'm not sure if you are joking are not, but my opinion above is completely true.

What would the difference be if the baby stuck a vase up to it's mouth? Nothing at all except for what society wants to make of it. I mean a couple months ago my girlfriends two year old got into baby powder and it was all over him including his face. I made the remark "That reminds me of myself 3 years ago." Does that make me a fucked up person, or the wrong thing to say?

9. I wasn't joking, what harm could a baby do with an unloaded gun? Plus it's nobody else's business beside the family of the baby..

10. Why the hell would you put this on the internet? I can undertsand if she took the pic and showed a few friends, but delete it for Christ's sake. I wouldn't have even taken the pic. This is why smokers have a bad rep.

11. But then we have soccar moms yell Thats immoral !!!

I for one would love to have a baby that smokes pot, well I would want them to wait a few years... cough
    *guards face*

12. You make a good point. :)

13. If you would have showed this to me a couple years ago I would have been pretty upset about it. But I've come to realize just because society has taught us something doesn't make it right. I question my parents all the time, not in a disrespectful manner but I've become a free thinker the more I think about a lot of issues. I wish schools would teach kids how to be free thinkers instead of "this is how it is and this is the only right way."

14. ^ agreed 100%

Schools teaching morality is shrewd. My old school I had free thinking teachers, those were the best. Principal was a turd.

15. 1. There is no smoke in the chamber
    2. The baby doesn't have a lighter
    3. There is no bowl in the bong

Why the fuck do people care?

16. because it's a bong and marijuanas are evils cause the media says so

17. Haha, +rep

18. As if a baby knows how and has the ability to hit a bong? I can't believe that authorities are taking this so seriously. Ridiculous.

19. I think it actually does sort of look like there's smoke in the chamber...but that's impossible. Seriously, a baby not even two years old knows how to hit a bong?? I don't think so.

BUT, I honestly think it might be worth an investigation...just a urine sample to make sure the kid doesn't have any THC in his system. As super unlikely as it is, I guess a parent could chalk it and then just get the kid to inhale some of it. Even though I'm sure this picture was just a joke, you can never be too sure. I remember a dad a few years ago that had his three year old toking...I think that's wrong.

20. What about a fully charged Death Star?