Photo --> Graphic Design

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by smoove, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Hi guys. Since I've been spending more time here at gc.com, I decided that I'd venture out past the "MJ Growing" section... and so here I am. I'm a (digital) graphic designer by trade but dabble in a variety of media.

Image: Original photo, with Design commissioned for a record sleeve, 2001. I was fresh out of design school and into the very trendy, tech and club scene.

[​IMG]

2. SIIIICK!!!

+rep, this is just what I needed. some original art

PS, killer shirt, where you from?

Just to keep the art comin...
    I did this with a time-lapse camera
    [​IMG]

3. oh and, is the red in your hair actually your hair or did you just use a brush in photoshop?

4. Thats sick, im totally saving that lol. OP tho, very nice pictures.

5. Rahzizzle: That is a dope pic you made there. How many tries did it take before you got that shot?

My photo was taken with an old 1985 Minolta 7000, 35mm SRL camera. It was not altered in any way (ie: no Photoshop.) The DJ is a good friend of mine... and I remember he actually got a lot of shit for wearing that shirt that night, LOL! ...Just like your photo, the light swirl effect was created by slowing the shutter speed down a few seconds (essentially time-lapse) ...but instead of moving the light source like you did to spell smoke... I swirled the camera around in my hand as I took the picture... creating those light swirls which were fixed light points in the background.
    Thanks for kind words bro... I plan to start posting random stuff more often. :smoke:

6. dude i didn't count the # of trys. And Im kinda glad I didn't I was just determined to get it right