Phosphorous Deficiency?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by PorcelainGhost, Apr 14, 2015.

1. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429035438.029976.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429035451.128187.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429035522.645422.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429035538.728868.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429035789.649374.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429035805.815804.jpg

I think I have a phosphorous deficiency. I am running a 700w Apollo horticulture LED, 24"x48"x60" grow tent, 4" inline fan with a carbon filter. I have only two plants in the tent right now and I am using a soilless mixture that is a friends recipe using coco couir and a super soil mix. When I put the blue dream into flower(big one) I took my filter out of the tent so that I am sucking air through a duct and fan and exhausting through filter outside the tent. I did this so that I would have more head room because of the size of my tent. But what happened was I had the filter to close to the cold air intake vents and it was sucking in all the hot air being exhausted from the tent and I realized that My plants were being subjected to enormous heat fluctuations from day and night! Night time temp stayed around 74 while at midday my temps were rising to jus below 85 degrees. After doing some research I found that plants in flowering utilize a lot of phosphorous to promote healthy stem and root growth and when there is too much heat the plant uses more phosphorous then necessary creating a deficiency. My stems turned a purple hue and the leaves began to turn a yellow hue with brown discoloration at the tips as well as the tips curling inward! I am new to gardening and I want to make sure that it is the problem! The PH in the soil was rather high , just about neutral or 7 ( stayed between 6.7 and 6.9) I also read that phosphorous is not as solvable in soil or water that is above 6.5 which means that even after I began to feed her nutes high in P it wasn't fixing the problem! So I transplanted the blue dream into a bigger pot and added fresh soil. I think I over did the nutes maybe I don't know I am hoping someone has had this problem and all is lost yet! I have come to realize that due to the deficiency so early the flowering proces (started about 5 days into flowering and she has been flowering since 3/27 or 19 days)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 Ẅest Čoast, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2015
    Can you upload bigger pictures?

What is in the super soil mix? And what was the mixture ratio of coco coir and super soil?

How often are you watering? Feeding? And what are you feeding with?