Phosphorous deficiency or?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by thomburger, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Thinking this is a phosphorous deficiency. I'm in 90/10 coco to perlite with 1/2 str. Canna Coco A & B, full str. Rhizotonic. Thought it was calcium deficiency at first. Any info guys?

IMG_0880.JPG IMG_0873.JPG

2. I agree .

• Like Like x 1
  3. If you're watering any at all before the plant is almost dead dry, you're watering way too much. It looks more like some nute burn to me. I don't know how old that plant is, but when you use the good soil, it already is loaded up with everything the plant needs and will feed the plant for you for quite a while, especially when starting out a plant. Once they get established with a good root system, they will eventually use up the nutrients that came in the soil and at that point you have two choices...repot with a larger container and new soil which will resupply your plant with what it needs, or take on handling the nutrition of the plant with chemicals. I generally go the repot and let the soil work route. The stuff we use costs $26 a bag, so might as well get my money's worth. Your plant will let you know when it gets hungry if you'll be patient and let it happen. When the rich blue/green color begins to fade out to a more yellow/green, generally the plant is getting hungry. If your plant doesn't need fed, you feeding it only burns it, stresses it out and slows the growth of the plant. No watering till almost dead dry and no feeding the plant till it's hungry. I think it's a fair assessment to say that most of us manage the pH of our water. Some say this isn't necessary when growing in soil, but I've never not done it. LOL If the extra step helps me grow bigger healthier plants, it's well worth the 5 minutes it takes me to do it. Keeping the pH of any liquids you put in your plant with the range of 6.3 to 6.7 (for soil) helps to keep the roots of the plant open and functioning well so it can take in food and water. The roots are the nerve center of the plant so you want to keep them happy. Letting your soil dry out properly between watering and understanding that you don't have to pour your plant full of chemicals goes a long way toward getting your plant to looking better.

Sometimes new growers get the idea that the nutes are the key to growing a nice plant and harvesting killer buds. That's not the case. The element of the whole thing that does that is your lighting. If you don't have adequate lighting for every plant your flowering, you're not going to get the growth out of the plant necessary to produce those fat dense buds. Weak light produces a weak plant...just a simple fact. We run 4, 1000 watt hps fixtures per flower room and generally flower about 8 plants at a time. Giving each plant enough space so light can penetrate below the tops is key to getting the most off each plant. So back off the nutes some and put together the best lighting setup you can to flower the plant with. Best of luck. TWW

4. Idk what you mean man. I'm using coco. It doesn't have anything in it. So I quit reading most of your post. I'm using 92 watts of CFLs and 54 watts of T5s on one plant in a 2 x 2 closet. But I do let me soil dry out completely.

Anyway...bump.

It's also not in the best ventilated area right now. There was some nute burn I had prior to this, but I'm only at 1/2 str Canna Coco A & B. Should I flush and go 1/4 str building my way up to full strength or go full strength now? Thanks for the help dickle fickle. Not so much The Widow White.

5. I think the problem is that you didn't mix enough perlite in with your coco. The roots do not have enough oxygen available to them. Even though you let the medium dry out before watering, the roots don't have enough oxygen. I would try a 50/50 mix next time. 95% of the oxygen the plant uses is taken in by the roots. All the problems you have now I believe came from your 90/10 mix. I don't know all the details of your grow so it is just a guess based on the info you gave and the picture of the plant. It is possible to grow in 100% coco but you would use a small pot and water frequent like a hydro drip system. If you are going to water coco like it is a soil the you would use a large pot and mix 50% perlite, give or take, after a while people find a mix that works best for their situation but 50/50 is a good start.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Im not sure its phosphorous I looks like it but since you growing in coco it could also be calcium deficiency if you havent been supplying some calmag or similar.
    Since only you have access to the plant it would be better for you to make the final decision on what is the problem. Also, always document what you do so that when problems like this hits you, you can easily traceback your actions to find the cause.
    If you are giving the complete nutes the plant needs and it is still showing signs of deficiency it could be that you are watering with the wrong PH.
    Check these pages, see if they helps you narrow down the causes and problems:
    Calcium Deficiency | Grow Weed Easy
    Cannabis Phosphorus Deficiency - See the Symptoms & Get the Solution! | Grow Weed Easy

Let me know if this helps. Good luck!