Phone

Discussion in 'General' started by BlazedCannabis, Oct 15, 2012.

1. #1 BlazedCannabis, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2012
    I want a nice phone. I never get anything special for myself. I want something nice. Something that a lot of people have that I can be happy I have. I want a nice phone. Does anyone know how to get a nice phone like Iphone or Android? Something nice that's not more then half my paycheck.. I would like something under 70 per month. I can put 200 or whatever down on a phone.. But 70 or under a month is what I can do. I actually want something nice. Anyone hook a girl up? Or give info about a good company or a nice phone.
    Everyone has nice everything. I grewup with hand me downs.. I shop at Good Will. I HONESTLY have almost nothing that's nice, or new. I have shirt's that I have been wearing scents 9th grade. I was done school in 09'. I have nothing nice at all. I'm getting my car fixed. And it's a 94 Honda.. I want to show I have SOMETHING nice. Not to be materialistic... But I wan't something materialistic. Something to make me feel special that I can SEE! And I need a phone. I really want a nice touch phone..

EDIT:
    I really don't wanna ebay this crap. I want something new and special..

2. First, you should make sure that you can actually get a data plan from your mobile provider for $70 or less per month.

Because if you can't, then a smart phone is going to be pretty useless. :p

3. Droid Razr MAX.

I always buy my smartphones off craigslist. Make sure the ESN is clean though. Some people steal phones and sell them over craigslist, its never happened to me though.

Edit: \tBuying a brand new phone seems awesome but its finacially smarter to buy a used one.

4. Smartphones are overrated and one of the biggest, unnecessary expenses for americans.

Get a puppy it'll make you a lot happier than the phone that will be cool and new fir a week

5. I don't know man, my smart phone made me pretty happy. :laughing:

But I only got mine because I'm still on my parents family plan, and they were due for an upgrade, so my dad let me pick a new phone. Since a lot of them are free if you sign a new contract.

So I'd say figure out if you can get a $70/month or less data contract first, and if you sign up for a new plan, you'll probably get a steep discount on smart phones. So figure out your plan and then take a look at what the prices of various phones are with you signing up for that plan. Mine was free with my family signing a new contract. I like free. :smoking:

6. As I said though I don't want one used. This is one thing that I want that is new. Everything I have has been handmedowns and crap.. THC is the only thing other then bowls and weed that isn't used. LOL!

I'ma check it :)

I have no provider.. Lol! That's why I said that "I want" a phone. :(. I'm looking up providers. But IDK how to go about. I want a nice one.

7. You need to search around then and see what data plans cost for various providers.

My husband's plan is $50 a month, and he doesn't get any data at all. Not that he needs it since he has a pretty old phone, but what I'm saying is that you gotta make sure you can even get a decent data plan for that price before you consider getting a smart phone. :p

8. As for providers go. Verizon and at&t have the best data performance. T-mobile, us cellular, boost mobile all are terrible, at least in my area.

9. I absolutely love my Galaxy S3..a bit spendy but this phone is going to last me quite awhile so I think it's worth it.

10. Metro is 50 a month for unlimited everything.

11. Smartphones are pretty weak unless you're a business person or something.

I mean if you're only going to be on here and fb then i dont' suggest overdoing it.

but if you want to be flashy and show off to fit in, by all means.

12. fuck smart phones my phone is straight 90s no camera,no internet no bluetooth no nothing, it can make & recieve calls & texts and thats all i need it for! also i despise touch screens, i like phones with buttons!
    why dont you go on a shopping spree instead, spoil yourself with some new clothes or a nice bottle of perfume or something?
    that would make me way happier than a new phone!

13. [quote name='"Meneks"']Smartphones are pretty weak unless you're a business person or something.

I mean if you're only going to be on here and fb then i dont' suggest overdoing it.

but if you want to be flashy and show off to fit in, by all means.[/quote]

Are you high?!
    You don't need to be a 'business person' to have a smartphone!! I don't know any business men but I have a lot of mates that are glued to their smartphone (including me!)

Can't suggest a plan for you though I'm not from the US. I can say get an iPhone though!

14. You will never know the joy of having a smart phone while you're pooping!

15. haha please elaborate

16. [quote name='"junkiedays"']

You will never know the joy of having a smart phone while you're pooping![/quote]

Haha the place where I reached all my highscores :p

17. Lol, okay...

When I'm pooping, without my smart phone, I tend to just read the labels of everything in the bathroom.
    With my smart phone, I get to play games while I poop! Solitaire, or soduku, or Words With Friends or whatever. Browse Reddit if it's an especially long poo.

And the other day, our power went out while I was pooping! I could have been pooping in the dark! Luckly I had my phone with me and could just turn on the flash light. :D

18. The problem is that data plans are so damn expensive. You're not going to find an on-contract data plan+phone plan for under $70. $80 is probably the lowest you could go.

If you could buy an unlocked smart phone for cheap, T-Mobile has no contract prepaid plans for as low as $30 a month with unlimited data. You just either have to buy the phone outright (which can cost upwards of $800 bucks) or have a phone to put a SIM card in.

My suggestion? Wait until you can afford a phone for $350. Buy the Samsung Galaxy Nexus direct from Google, take it to T-Mobile and buy one of their non-contract plans.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=galaxy_nexus_hspa
    Monthly 4G Prepaid Plans | Compare Prepaid Data Plans | T-Mobile