Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Phone Lines, are we safe??

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by buds2k, Jun 19, 2004.

1. At the very least payphones record your voice and conversation. Not so sure about cameras but I don't doubt they're everywhere. I remember a few years ago on the radio they were talking about someone who prank called an old lady and gave her a heart attack. They found the person because they're voice was recorded by the pay phone.

I wouldn't worry too much. I used 3 payphones last night. I'm sure I mentioned names and illegal substances each time.

2. Well they have to have a warrant I believe, but since 9/11 they have the Patriot Act... and now the .gov can tap any phone they want.

But I'm not really paranoid on the phone.

3. I'm pretty sure that the police would have to have some pretty hard evidence on you to get the okay to tap your phone line. They can't just go around tapping people's phones at will. Getting a phone tap is comparable to getting a warrant, if not the same thing.

**Wow, I'm so high that the above post didn't even register until after I had submitted this.**

4. I operate cellular.

5. Cell Phones; yeah they are definatly nice to have, but a police scanner on the right frequency can listen in on them, along with cordless phones. They are faily easy to monitor, and if I'm not mistaken the air waves are considered to be public and need no warrent to monitor them.

buzzman, you're actually wrong. Like pointed out by Hafon420, we now have the patriot act. Which basically allows cops the power to monitor anything they want if illegal activity is suspected. While the patriot act is "ment" to take down terrorist, it's lawful limits arnt just terrorist activity.

6. Don't know about your country but here you do need a warrant to tap cellphones, too. And as I said...sms's the thing. Just use codes...

7. Mustard, if you had read my post carefully, you would of saw that I already acknowledged my being wrong due to my excessive highness!