Philosophy ass.

Discussion in 'General' started by SlightlyStupid, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Alright well i figured who better to help me then my fellow smokers, alright ladies and gents basically i have to create a seminar for a philosophy class based on the discussion of computers one day having human nature skills (computers being alive and havomg human traits) so i have to have about a 50 min presentation asking questions for most o it on this topic can anyone help me out with some questions or topics to talk about?

2. Could you clarify "human traits" and "alive" I might be able to help then, but then again I might not lol.

3. Well you should research the technologies that are coming out regarding motion capturing techniques. I know of one that has a video on youtube (sorry can't think of the name) where a woman behind a desk is speaking of the technology and during the video it reveals that what you're watching is the technology in use and not a real woman as you might think at first. Basically, include information about computers regarding the Touring Test and make the argument that computers will eventually pass it in years to come seeing how much progress we've made already. Point out that there are still inconsistincies as far as matching up facial animations involving speech, but that body language and the overall realistic factor are getting better. Digital avatars and human / computer interfacing is a big area to look into.

4. yeah along those lien thans guys keep em comin

5. you could include some shit about the movie blade runner if youve seen it. Its basically about that premise. Make sure you cover the basics. Like if human replicas were created that had equal or superior intelligence to humans, eventually the line between real and robotic may cease to exist, and when people realise this, they wont be able to reverse the process. Because rounding up and testing all people for being robotic would be virtually impossible. Also, it is most like phsiycally impossible to incorporate morals into robotic or statistical formulas.