Philosophical Question about Legalization

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Riddle, Feb 28, 2007.

1. If you had the power to legalize marijuana, but inorder to do so, you your self could never use it again, would you do it?

For me, considering all the benefits that it would have to our country besides just people being able to legally smoke, I'd probly have to say yes, but its a hard call you know?

2. Very hard call, but I'd do it. There is always salvia and shrooms!

3. spirituality and philosophical section :)

i dont think i would be able to sadly....

4. Yes
    Sacrafice for the greater good.
    I could always try to turn to legal buds, saliva, and shrooms.

5. No... I don't care about anyone else getting high but me haha

6. Abso-posi-fucking-tively-loutly.

The laws against marijuana are UNJUST. Not just for myself, but for marijuana users around me. I'd certainly sacrifice my own personal enjoyment of marijuana for the rest of the marijuana smoking community. We don't deserve to be pushed around like this for trying to relax and enjoy ourselves a bit.

I'd just end up getting hammered drunk every weekend, anyways... Rewarding myself for releiving the burden of injustice.

7. yea most definitely.. whats going on right now is sinply unjust- too many innocent people are being forced to live like rats and getting jail time and fines and stuff. It would be difficult, but I can always find something else to do.. like get another hobby or something. Then theres always shrooms...

8. ok b4 i answer quick question ,will there be drug test involved in this"stop using myself thing" cuz if not then hell yes ill quit, while i hit my 1 hitter when noones looking lol

9. creating a law that states everyone can smoke weed, everyone except me for the arbitrary reason that i was able to create the law, sounds like an oddly corrupt law. that's the kind of laws we already have against weed, so i would be interested in working on a non corrupted law. oh shit that's an oxy moron isn't it? :)

10. haha.. nice one...

you know what I think? I think this may be the situation already.. I think if theres a major campaign for weed, the person at the head of this campaign (and possibly the other important members) should be people who've never smoked or quit a while ago because they just felt like it.. this'll give much more credibility to the campaign as people will see that its a real fight for justice, not just some 'druggies' trying to commit their crimes legally...

11. I think that some of you are missing the point of the discussion. This isnt supposed to be about how you would get around not being able to toke anymore, or about how you feel that it is corrupt in its self for you to not be able to smoke. You're making it to complicated. You arent supposed to look for ways around it, theres no right or wrong answer, but the question is simply, would you do it...No drug tests or any other non sense, its not a legal issue...just pretend for example, that you could snap your fingers, and marijuana would be legal, but the instant that you did so, you knew that the next hit you took would end your life or something like that...its more or less a conversation about weather or not you could give something important to you up for the greater good.

12. I would do it just so I could save the millions upon millions of hours of time with friends and family that are missed due to unfair persecution, millions upon millions of dollars in court and legal fees that could have been spent in much better ways. The system we have now is so messed up, if I had the switch I would pull it now.

I don't I could be that greedy.

13. yes.

also considered if i would give my life if it meant cannabis was again liberated to full open free utilisation. i would.

14. Hell, I'd probably do that too Dig--

15. I wouldn't, because it appears that society is working its way toward legalized pot anyhow. So, not only would I be making an ultimately empty sacrifice, but I think it will be more interesting to watch legalization as a social/cultural progression.

Then again I live in Canada, where it has already been briefly decriminalized once. The situation seems worse in the States. But have faith, things will change. Work on getting a black president, get a woman president, get a black woman president, get a gay cowboy president, then you'll probably end up getting a pot-smoking president and things will be on the right track :D.