philosophical - earth has marijuana, what do other planets have?

Discussion in 'General' started by architoker, Dec 3, 2010.

1. skipping the whole "is there life out there argument" (considering i believe there is) i have a simple question: we (on earth) have marijuana and other natural plants that have these desired effects that come with them.

what do you think other planets have? is marijuana an herb that is universally found (hehe, galactic dealing :D) or are there other plants or entities out there that may have 'similar' type effects. what would those effects be?!

it's intriguing to me to think that civilizations may come here for our plants and herbs, and specifically our marijuana, shrooms and psychoactive plants :smoke:

2. do you know how many plants there are out ther that will give hallucigenic (is this even a word? idk but it fits nicely lol) effects?

3. not a clue man hahah. its more of a theoretical 'what kind of crazy plants, methods or 'highs' do other civilizations have. :p

you know we're not the first race to put some herb in a bowl, light it and puff. we can't be.

4. well i like to think that if there is other life out there, that they have much the same resources to work with as we do. maybe with advanced technology, but who knows, something people dont consider alot is maybe were the advanced ones who could share all our tech. theres nothing to say that the other intelligent life out there is super technologically advanced. but anyway, back to the topic. it wouldnt suprise me if marijuana was universal and i would club about 837 baby seals for a chance to smoke some martian bud out of an alien bong :D

5. Well NASA discovering life based with arsenic rather than phosphorus in its DNA structure proved there can be alien races with completely different needs than our own, in the sense they may not need o2 to survive maybe they need a high concentration of... helium... or something... So technically there could be some race out there with no cannabinoid recepters in the brain so smoking weed would just be smoking a plant and nothing would happen...and maybe they have some plant that effects neurotransmitters in their brains that we dont have so perhaps, plants that get alien races high, would only apply to the race evolved on the same planet as the plant/substance

6. marian bud would be legit. i want some bud from a galaxy far, far away. :D

7. I have been telling everyone I know about this, its a big deal and opens up a lot of really cool possibilities. :smoke:

8. Martian bud out of an alien bong? Now that is something to live for!

My guess is that if there is another planet with O2 out there then it will have everything. Of course, we wont even have that come 2012. :(

9. and completely ruined every theory we have on carbon based evolution, and perhaps even carbon based life..... For all we know... NASA just fucking rocked the world of science into another renaissance typed advancing period, where we just start discovering new things at such a rate, it vastly alters the existence of life.... it happened in the late 80's early 90's with technology, but now its time for a biological information boost.

10. Why is that? and why are you sad?

11. I heard there's space weed on Juniper

[​IMG]

12. No no like i just said, NASA has proved that our standards of living are NOT required to form life.... technically, they proved if there was a planet with arsenic oceans...life could easily evolve there... which to our build seems unthinkable (as arsenic will kill ANY life form of our build in any sort of quantity)... so on earth we now have life of our standards, and life emerging from a lake so toxic, it would probably kill you to drink from it

13. This is over my head, pass me the alien bong please, so I can ketchup. ;)

14. this is the type of response i was lookin for.

consider those steaks on their way! :smoke:

15. :smoke:

16. Just wait until they find life on jupiter or somethin (as we thought it was to toxic for ANY life and we proved ourself wrong)

17. I always wondered what dank from another planet would be like

18. There's probably thousands of plants that have effects we don't know about and a few hundread that we do. Weeds not really "special" per say.

EDIT: I can see it now;
    "NASA & DEA TEAM UP TO TAKE DOWN ENTIRE PLANET GROW"
    "FAIL"

19. lol, yes it is, everything is special, just like everything else :devious:

20. #20 ZarTheDragon, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2010
    I just read in my cannabible weed's from the stars...and believed to be on other planets. Reasons for indescribable taste from buds....taste that are out of this world. Cannabis - meaning Two dog plant....comming from the two dog star....:eek: