~{PhillyFan's Bleed Green Grow}~

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by PhillyFan, May 10, 2011.

1. #1 PhillyFan, May 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2011
    Hi!

I have been on this forum for a while now but wasn't growing at the time, just an everyday toker. So I decided to try and grow some cannabis in my closet (with my parents permission ~ crazy, I know). As I stated, this is an indoor closet grow using Scotts soil with a 400w HPS light. I have good ventilation sucking up into our attic and a small fan for a cross breeze. This is a temp setup, I will be making a permanent grow room this coming weekend which will be about 2'L x 4'W x 8H'. I plan on using mylar to cover the entire room. I will be using 4 fans in my setup. Two will be used to bring fresh air into the room, One will be used with a CoolTube to keep my light cool, and I also will have the vent fan leading to the attic to dispose of the heat. The temp is currently consistently around 80F. I am hoping with the added fans and the CoolTube setup which I have yet to get will lower the temp to 70-75F. I will start by using some SoilTabs and FlowerTabs I got from NirvanaShop as my nutrients. I will be growing a total of 8 plants(atleast), 5 Low Rider auto fems if they all sprout up and the rest will be good old bag seeds. I have 13 of the bag seeds about 10 days from seed right now, I am germinating the Low Riders (5/7/11) but still waiting for results. I plan on keeping the strongest bag seed plants or all if I can fit more then the 8 in my grow room. I will be transplanting them into 2gal and 1gal pots very soon. I'm just trying to hold out until this weekend after the final grow room is finished and the auto fems have hopefully sprouted. I will try n keep this grow updated with pics as much as I can! Enjoy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. they look stretched try bringing the light a lil closer

3. Can't until I get the CoolTube reflector, its to hot. :cry:

4. Grow room is finished and the plants are doing good! Just waiting till tomorrow when I will get my cooltube and inline fans to keep this baby nice n cool :) I'm already starting to notice a smell from the plants which I didn't expect this soon. Hope you all enjoy some pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. mylar the walls or paint them white or the car sunreflectors for best light reflection.
    no tinfoil

6. I will be covering the room in mylar next Tuesday when I get paid, limited on money this week. Figured the fans and cooltube were more important for heat and stretching issues.

7. #7 PhillyFan, May 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2011
    Bag Seeds ~ Day 15 from seed
    LowRyders ~ Day 8 from seed

I receieved my cooltube from htgsupply, the things works great. My grow room temp went from 85F to around 77F. I am using a standard 6" in-line fan(160cfm) to remove the excess heat into the attic. I am going to be adding two fans to force air in and mylar walls this coming week. That will hopefully get some better air flow in and lower the temp a little more. I transplanted the 4 Lowryder seeds that sprouted and the 4 strongest bag seed plants. The transplant was pretty rough... the roots were struck to the side of the containers. Had to pretty much tap out all the dirt around the roots before they would fall out. I am hoping they recover quickly. I gave each plants a soiltab from nirvanashop to start, I am going to buy some foxfarm nuts in the coming weeks. I wanted grow more but 8 is all I could fit in the room. I am going to keep the left over plants in the small containers until I figure out what to do with them. I know I should have waited longer to place the lowrder seeds(8days in) under my 400w hps but the bag seeds survived it without the cooltube so I figure they can do it too :)

Bag Seeds
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lowryder seedlings
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    missing one seedling pick :(

8. look good how big is the closet space

9. About 2'L x 3'W x 8'H, its pretty small but its doing the job pretty good so far

10. Bag Seeds ~ Day 18 from seed
    LowRyders ~ Day 11 from seed

A couple days since my transplant and the bag seeds are growing fast. The low ryders had kind of a rough start so I'm hoping they pick up speed here soon. I'm starting to see a couple yellow spots on a few leaves. I'll keep an eye on it, just hoping it isn't anything bad :/ I'll be getting the mylar tmr to finally finish up my grow room. Enjoy some more pics!

Bag Seeds
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LowRyders
    [​IMG]
    ...they all look the same so I'll just share the one for now.

11. Decided to take an overall photo of my grow room :)

[​IMG]

12. Looking real nice, I'm in the same boat as you, as far as growing bagseed and a 'namebrand seed'. It seems the bagseeds outpreform the namebrand...at least at first. lol

13. Haha, sometimes free works just as good :) My lowryders are finally starting to pickup some speed and are looking great, Ill try n get some pics up of them soon. Its crazy how fast these plants grow. It seems like every time I check on them they've gotten larger! The yellow spots that were on some of the leaves have pretty much disappeared overnight which is pretty awesome also

14. Bag Seeds ~ 20 Days from Seed
    Lowryders ~ 13 Days from Seed

Everything is going great, just wanted to update with some pics.

Bag Seeds
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lowryder
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Bag Seeds ~ Day 25 from Seed
    Lowryder Seeds ~ Day 18 from Seed

I am starting to have problems with one of my older plants. The entire plant is wilted, I though I was just over watering it but I tested the soil and thats not the problem. It doesn't have any yellow leaves, its just wilted. Also the 4 lowryders have slowed down their grow to practically nothing and 2 of them have yellow and curled leaves.. any suggestions?

Bag Seeds
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lowryders
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Bag Seeds ~ Day 34 from Seed
    Short Rider Seeds ~ Day 27 from Seed

Their still not really growing at all and some are starting to get yellow leaves. My short riders are autos and there are still incredibly small for being 27 days in... any suggestions? ideas?

Bag Seeds
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Short Rider Seeds

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BTW: I know I kept calling my autos lowryder before and idk why :p They are short rider auto fem.

17. #17 PhillyFan, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2011
    Bag Seeds ~ Day 51 from Seed
    Short Rider Seeds ~ Day 44 from Seed

My Short Riders are doing amazing, all 4 of them are about a week into flowering. I can see a tons of buds starting to form. Here are some shots of 3 of them, hope you enjoy :)

Short Riders
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Short Rider ~ Day 65 from seed

Just wanted to give a lil update on how my shortys are looking, I'm pretty sure they are close to harvest! Can't Wait!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Yes they are looking great man! :D