Philip Seymour Hoffman Dead at 46

Discussion in 'General' started by chocobo, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Is that the guy from one of those mission impossible movies, the one that wanted to know where's the rabbit foot......

People come, people go.. Then you get on with the show.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

2. Great actor. Capote was his best film, I think.

It's really too bad, but that's what fucking around with heroin will get you.

3. Jack black is awesome. School of rock is one of the best movies ever made.

4. Capote was great, and probably what he'll be known for most in his career (academy award winning and all), but I'd really really recommend Synecdoche, New York. He only received one nomination for it from a small indie festival, but it's definitely some of his best work. Not to mention he was working with a phenomenal director, Charlie Kaufman (Being John Malcovich and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind are his two most notable films).

5. Maybe because they're famous for the sole reason of not being themselves.... 

6. This is the internet on a weed smoking site, lol 

7. He was pretty funny in Along came Polly. Rip bro

8. Twister is on ABC Family! FSH's character, Dusty is hysterical! "The suckzone."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxs924BWX80

9. I know most of them don't have anything to do well or they have done everything. I mean think if you had enough money to do anything... I would probably be shootin heroin to...

10. \tP.S. Hoffman (A Tribute)Best Tribute ever
     ​
    http://vimeo.com/87873042#at=0​
     ​
    <div>A post-script journey through Philip Seymour Hoffman's lifetime in cinema.
    200 hours of work went into breaking down 47 of Hoffman's films. Compiling his legacy has been one of the most challenging experiences I've ever faced as an editor, and yet indescribably rewarding. I can assure you that after 22 years on screen and nearly fifty films, we now look at the work of an actor who never had a single dishonest moment on camera. I know because I've seen them all. Please take a breather and raise your glasses to one of our greatest.

APPEARANCES
    Joaquin Phoenix, Jude Law, Helen Hunt, Ben Stiller, Jeff Bridges, Robert De Niro, Ricky Gervais, Louis CK, Tom Hanks, Cathrine Keener, Sarah Jessica Parker, Ryan Gosling, Tom Cruise, Michelle Monaghan, Ethan Hawke, Adam Sandler (voice), Kathy Bates, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Laura Linney, Barry Pepper, Paul Newman, Marisa Tomei, Brad Pitt, Meryl Streep, Robin Williams, Philip Baker Hall, Julianne Moore, Clifton Collins Jr., Chris O'Donnel, Michell Williams, Samantha Morton, Emily Watson, Andy Garcia, Mark Wahlberg, John C. Reily, Bill Paxton

FEATURED WORKS
    2012 A Late Quartet
    2012 The Master
    2011 Moneyball
    2011 The Ides of March
    2010 Jack Goes Boating
    2009 The Invention of Lying
    2009 Pirate Radio
    2009 Mary and Max
    2008 Doubt
    2008 Synecdoche, New York
    2007 Charlie Wilson's War
    2007 Before the Devil Knows You're Dead
    2007 The Savages
    2006 Mission: Impossible III
    2005 Capote
    2005 Empire Falls (TV Movie)
    2004 Along Came Polly
    2003 Cold Mountain
    2003 Mattress Man Commercial (Video short)
    2003 Owning Mahowny
    2002 25th Hour
    2002 Punch-Drunk Love
    2002 Love Liza
    2000 Almost Famous
    2000 State and Main
    1999 The Talented Mr. Ripley
    1999 Magnolia
    1999 Flawless
    1998 Patch Adams
    1998 Happiness
    1998 The Big Lebowski
    1998 Next Stop Wonderland
    1998 Montana
    1997 Boogie Nights
    1996 Twister
    1996 Hard Eight
    1994 Nobody's Fool
    1994 When a Man Loves a Woman
    1993 Money for Nothing
    1993 My Boyfriend's Back
    1992 Scent of a Woman
    1992 Leap of Faith
    1991 Law & Order

</div> 

11. RIP. I've watched several movies (actually a lot) of the movies superjoint listed.

I remember the invention of lying... just... lol

12. Damn, I guess it's another example that even though some people don't look the part, they are still crackheads

13. Few years late to this thread, but I recently watched The Master and it just reminded me how great PSH was. The PSH-Joaquin Phoenix combo was amazing. Highly recommended.

14. Why did he die?...I never heard about this. I just seen him ona Missiom Impssible movie the other day. He isa great actor.

~Toni~

15. Drug overdose :frown: