Philip Seymour Hoffman Dead at 46

Discussion in 'General' started by chocobo, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Wow this thread stayed classy.......

2. #42 Neegabutt, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
    A true loss was Albert Hoffman. Obviously not so recent but people die everyday, not sure why people get so caught up with actors. Their entire living is built on being someone they aren't. I just stumbled upon the question that how can people really enjoy and love an actor if they don't know who he actually is? The better the actor, the less ties their characters have to the true identity of the actor. Do people appreciate and mourn schizophrenic people as well? Arguably the best at being other identities besides their true selves. I'm hijacking this thread in memorial of Albert Hoffman, father of the most popular psychedelic. Honest to god I just accidentally copy pasted and the result was MYSTICALLY related to the new, self-proclaimed topic of this thread. I would have deleted it but maybe some people would be interested in reading this interesting book by Hoffman. http://www.psychedelic-library.org/child.htmSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. [quote name="The Band" post="19458909" timestamp="1391453357"]You have a lot of nerve saying that.I bet you wouldn't of said that to a person if they were standing in front of you.Good day ma'am[/quote]I wasn't trying to be a douche. I don't think it's cool to come on a thread and yell at people who are upset about a celebrity passing. Celebrity or not, people loved him and he died and was exposed for the human he was. I would say what I typed to your face because I meant it with no malice. Just as I don't know you, you don't know me. The end. Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. If you admire somebody that much, you could at least get his name right - it's Hofmann, not "Hoffman".

PS - Aldous Huxley wrote Brave New World, not Albert Hofmann.

5. [quote name="The Band" post="19461706" timestamp="1391486245"]Fair enough. I took offense to it cuz I was in a bad mood and I saw it as disrespect. Well anyways thanks for kinda apologizing I suppose I'm sorry as well.:)[/quote]:) Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. [quote name="The Band" post="19461706" timestamp="1391486245"]Fair enough. I took offense to it cuz I was in a bad mood and I saw it as disrespect. Well anyways thanks for kinda apologizing I suppose I'm sorry as well.:)[/quote]Good yay! We don't want no hate on grrasscity.its our happy place! Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I am a fan of his work. Can't comment on who he was as a person, and I am sad to see another talent swallowed by drugs.
    RIP

8. If you prefer action movies and michael bay explosions yall probably dunno who he is, bad motherfucking actor for real, too bad hes gone, left behind i think 3 kids at 43, pretty rough but shit hes got a mean legacy left in this world. 

9. So fuckeddddd.
    Fuck drugs, man...

10. People with Dissociative Identity Disorder are the people who have several personalities, not people with schizophrenia.

11. #51 MooseyPoo, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
    Rest in Peace

I'll stick to weed though, heroin can't be better than having an orgasm while stoned, right? RIGHT?? :smoking:

12. I was just watching him in The Master a few days ago. Dude was a brilliant actor, regardless of what people think of his drug habits. Very sad indeed.

people hate it when others see flaw in them...its a human flaw... :eek: (ya, catch 22 shit)

14. Don't do drugs kids

Sent from my LG-P659 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. get over yourself. 

16. Really pissed off about this still. I know he did it to himself, but god damn it what a waste of talent.

17. #57 SirenWasHere, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014

Jesus titty fucking CHRIST. What has happened to empathy? How have we gotten so fucking self absorbed? Just because YOU didn't care about him doesn't mean others didn't or weren't inspired by him. I was. He left behind three children and a TON of friends who loved him.

Maybe when you're on your deathbed and no one is there for you, you might finally get it.

Probably not.

18. looks like someone snitched hardcore....4 arrested for H dealing, including apparently hoffman's dealer. a heroin user called the cops about it. wowzers.

19. #59 Carl Weathers, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
    It's seldom that I find myself genuinely upset by a celebrities death, and this is one of those occasions. He was possibly the most respected actor by me, almost entirely due to his performances in Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, and Synecdoche, New York.. two films that wouldn't be my favourites without his intense passion to act.

I am disturbed also, by the fact that I quoted him (in Synecdoche) within hours before the death. I can only brush off the eeriness of that feeling, knowing that I probably quote him all the time.

And I can't say I'm surprised that there are many people who do not know him, considering the number that simply do not appreciate genuine film at all. But in spite of that, and the tragedy, I am relieved that for once an actor has received a justifiable and adequate posthumous praise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7IuQAmvUko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBoIPm5vEX4

20. "Making it rain", "White Chocolate"

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Grasscity Forum mobile app