Philip Morris Int. CEO: Cigs not that hard to quit

Discussion in 'General' started by Phamas, May 11, 2011.

1. Rofl
    Copter

Why wouldn't you say that, MR. CEO

:laughing: :laughing:

Philip Morris Int. CEO: Cigs not that hard to quit - Yahoo! News

2. There are more previous smokers than current smokers because most of them are dead.

3. I got ten bucks left till tomorrow.

I have nothing to eat. I'm buying a pack of smokes.

I call BS.

4. Depends on the person but most people who smoke cigarettes are addicted to them. Personally I could smoke for months on end then quit, but I don't do a pack a day ever or even half a pack a day so its not as hard. But yea that CEO is a fucker.

5. Bull, fucking, shit.

what these guys said^

6. yea obviously its not hard to quit for the previous smokers

it's hard to quit for the current smokers...

does he think everyone is stupid

7. Watch yourself sir.

I smoked for almost a decade like you. Here and there, no issues with addiction.

Then I got a stressful job and slowly upped the usage. Now I'm hooked.

Nasty, expensive fuckers.

8. Quiting cigs was easy for me, but now i dip. Guess i didn't really "quit". O well fuck it

9. Who gives a fuck about what their representatives say about cigs, it's the consumers fault in the first place.

10. Cigs are so hard to quit man. Ive stopped buying packs everyday but i still bum the occasional ciggy and sometimes buy a pack when i am super bored or drinking

11. I don't know if I'll smoke for that long, I plan on stopping completely after college once I get a job. I haven't had any issues with addiction yet, you guys can choose to believe that or not, I don't really give a fuck lol.

But I could also see myself somewhat in that situation, my job will most likely be pretty stressful but it won't really be a job where you can step out for a smoke break, I'll be at a desk/computer/with clients all day and I doubt my boss would like it if I was smoking a pack a day at work lol.

12. You ever wonder how these people are able to sleep at night knowing what they are doing?

Greed is powerful.

13. how about you take it off the market!?!?!?!

14. Honestly, as a smoker, I believe we need to take responsibility for our own actions.

I don't blame tobacco companies for my addiction, I blame myself.

Sure, this guy said some silly shit, but that doesn't mean I'm going to blame him for getting me hooked to his deadly product. I knew what I was getting myself into.

15. Agreed, I absolutely knew what cigarettes did when I picked my first one up. A pack a month became a pack a week, became a pack every 3 days. Though I wouldn't say I'm addicted (I just enjoy it greatly) I know if I don't get a cigarette for a week I'll be fine (and did it the other week), I know I can become easily. Personal responsibility, don't want the chance of getting addicted? Don't buy a pack.

16. Of course but do you believe you're responsible to the point where tobacco advertisement should be fine?

17. If I made as much money as he does for the same job, fuck yeah I'd take it. People who smoke cigarettes are stupid. It's not his fault they are on the market. What's he gonna do boycott cigarettes? If he did the government would fire him because they get so much money from Big Tobacco. Just learn to say no. We've learned this since elementary school.

18. Why shouldn't tobacco companies get to advertise their products? Every other unhealthy, dangerous, and immoral thing gets to. I hate those "above the influence" commercials, but that doesn't mean I'd ban it from the airwaves.
    In my own world, tobacco wouldn't be advertised, neither would above the influence commercials, or fast food, I'd want a government that regulates how much shit is in the products were being sold, too. But we don't have that, and I don't think its fair given our current regulatory environment to give an edge to one unhealthy product like KFC (which I love) over another. Plus, whens the last time you actually saw a commercial for cigarettes? I don't think I've seen one for years.

19. I bet they sleep pretty easily knowing there bank account is lined with millions. I sure would.

20. I haven't seen tobacco advertisements in years either but I was just speaking hypothetically.
    But I do not think that in the current situation, tobacco advertisements should be allowed. I honestly don't like advertisements of any kind because there is no honesty in them, only glorification. I despise fast-food advertisements and I don't like that they currently exists, but I don't think that should mean that tobacco advertisements should also exist.