Phenomenon

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by tooslow, Feb 16, 2019.

1. I try to read a lot of the postings... probably more than I should.
    One question keeps coming to mind;
    "What is it that causes forum participants to get into pissing contests?"

A goodly number of threads go down in flames.

What's so hard about reading a quick post and ignoring it if you don't care for it?
    What causes one to go back and pee on someones shoes... KNOWING what is to follow?

2. Because to many people are Assholes. Never had Paw take them out behind the barn and teach them basic manners when they were kids.
    [​IMG]
    Grandma was a mean old crone and carried a switch and she was scary as could be at all of 90 pounds soaking wet. You learned your Ps and Qs and kept a civil tongue in your head.

[​IMG]
    Most of the old timers are here to teach what we know and we are easy to spot.
    I don't always remember to add a smiley face :) but never intend to be critical of someone's work remembering all to well my own early struggles.

Hard for me not to be a little sarcastic at times but that doesn't come through as text worth a damn and I've been called down on the most innocent things and had people get all butt hurt.
    Sheesh I mean really ? Such is the times we live in I guess.

Actually I have to give credit to our Moderators for keeping the site free of trolls and ass hats. To many other Cannabis sites seem to have a cluster of top guns and if you don't suck up and kiss enough ass and do it just their way your GONE !

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  3. I think that its just human nature. Deep down, A LOT of people want to be superior, they want to be right, to win, to have their opinions or feelings validated. There's only a certain small percentage of people who will do the same thing in real life, to peoples faces. People with no filter and will say anything to anyone at any time because they need to be heard, noticed and validated. But on an internet forum, you can essentially be anonymous. You can create any persona you want, and its so much easier to shoot peoples ideas down, insult each other, try and assert your superiority. I think its just about people feeding their egos. We all do it. Some people a lot more than others, and when you have the anonymity factor of an online forum, it can get to be too much.

Just my thoughts.

4. I’m a septegenarian and I already know that I’m not superior but just middln’. I’ve been both right and wrong, won and lost, I’ve been validated and corrected.
    I once had a sharp mind and a sharper tongue... but ne’er saw the joy in being hurtful; perhaps my tour of duty tempered me.....