Pheno?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by buffalo84, Oct 15, 2006.

1. What is a Pheno? and how do you find one? I am asking cause im growing t.h seeds Hog.
    And all the threads say you need a pheno to get the true Hog plant . Please help

2. a phenotype is a particular characteristic of a plant. tall, short, bushy etc.

3. so should i grow all my seeds then clone the plant that has the most characteristics of what the strain should be?

4. choose a mother that has phenos you're looking for. if you're growing in limited space choose a short stocky plant to clone from. if you don't get a short plant just tie it down. if you're short on seeds, find you a male you like and make more. you're more likely to find what you're looking for if you pop more beans.

5. ty very much you have been a great help

6. you're welcome and good growing!

7. within each strain you are going to get a couple or several different types of plants that you'll end up with if you grow from seeds (how many types depends on how stable the strain is). in the case of hybrids, some may take on characteristics from the sativa side, some may be more indica. each type you get from a strain are called phenotypes. in the case of the hog, you want the so called "hogsbreath" pheno. it's supposed to have a very pungent smell that you won't forget and it is the hardiest and best yielding of the different hog phenotypes.