pHarmers Sustained Organic Living Adventure w/ HiLEDs

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by SoCal Nature Farmer, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Hey bro, sorry I haven't been around a lot. Just getting used to working and making bank lol. I'm on my co op from school so I work at an engineering firm for 8 months. Keeps me from wanting to go back to school let me tell you.

Silver is doing good. I top dressed her and watered Her with some coconut water. The yellowing seems to have slowed down a bit. She's still a little monster. I am on week 7 of flower. Thinking I have probsbly about 5 weeks left give or take. You guys let me know with how you think she's doing.

image.jpg
    image.jpg

I love stepping in here mate, your girls are always beautiful. Can't wait till I can have a space like yours and Rock and roll. I would love to smoke that GSC with you. It would blow my mind lol.

2. She looks great to me man! I wouldn't worry about that yellowing one bit. If bud development is still chugging along, the she is probably fine. Yellowing out like that at week 7 could be perfectly normal for this strain. :)

3. Thanks for looking out for me mate. So if I'm correct the last month or so she stops most vertical growth and focuses on bulking up right?

4. Shes looking gorgeous man!! Glad that yellowing didn't progress as was worried, some strains just do that. Its weird but plants are funny sometimes xD

I agree with TJ, if it was anything to be worried about the progression would have been much more rapid & she would look much much worse by now. So I think you should be golden!

When my GSC finishes up the last month or so is spent bouncing from working on density and bud size for a few days then I'll notice increases in resin & color production then it goes back to density and size. So I would assume it varies between strain but should expect around the same.

5. Thanks brother. I was worried but considering she is still green and growing I believe it may just be the strain. I am looking forward to growing it again to see if it mimics the same yellowing times. I'm planning on looking into autos more indica heavy and preferably purple! Thinking maybe down dark devil or that black berry cream we talked about before remember pHarmer?! I know herbies has some dark devil autos im interested in.

Sensi says that Silver Haze #9 flowers faster around 65 to 80 days. I'm leaning towards the 80 day mark. It's an 80% Sativa so I think letting her go for 70/30 cloudy/Amber will be a good mark to hit. So excited. My plan is to cut her down. Hang her in the tent so remove the light for a couple days till she is done hanging. Buy a dry sift box to do my trimming in to collect some kiefers! And then jar her up with boveda packs. This is a question for you pHarmer. If the humidity is higher than 62% will the boveda packs bring it down to that level or will it only raise the humidity up if it's lower than 62%?

Want to show off some of that perfectly cured GSC bud mate? I think you do lol. I forgot to congrats you on the new glass too! Thing looks sick with the curve. Haven't seen many bongs like that before.

6. Looking killer Ph! Gotta love those specs no.

7. #127 SoCal Nature Farmer, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2015

Oh man! That would be an absolute sight to watch, I have never followed along an auto grow before even in a journal so it would be awesome to see how you tackle the challenge. Never been interested in doing an auto as I don't like not having control over the flower time & I hate losing a strain that I love! So not being able to clone them to keep them around just doesn't sit right with me. I have seen some finished autos around the site that have been absolutely outstanding tho! Cant wait to see which one you choose to go with! 

Your plan sounds great man, no doubt you'll be pleased with the finished results! The Boveda packs are 2 way humidity control systems, so yes. If you need more humidity the pack will release the adequate moisture to bring the humidity of the jar up to the proper level. If the humidity is too high then it will begin to absorb the moisture to bring the humidity down to the proper level. VERY useful & I am considering using them every time I cure now! 

Here is a video explaining how the Boveda packs work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d688Zx5M1Vk

The humidity level here in the desert is extremely low, so it sucks the moisture out of EVERYTHING, including me! xD So I noticed if I place a nug (or few) into sealed jars without the Boveda packs within one complete day it is brittle and crumbles apart when being broke up. Not like dust, it still has some stiffness to it but you can tell its very dry & it burns faster than I like. If you pull a bud out of the jar with the Boveda packs and break it up its not wet but its perfectly moist and breaks apart more in chunks & burns slow and is very expansive. So the packs really do an outstanding job keeping the moisture level of your buds in check!

LOL sure will man here is some nug shots for ya showing just how dense these buds are!

Thru out the whole bud the density remains the same even at the base bottom nug. See how the blood is rushing away from my finger tip from the pressure. 

IMG_20150207_175830_2861.jpg

It doesn't stop there!! Continuing on even into the smallest popcorn nugs from the bottom of the plant the density remains un changed!

IMG_20150207_175928_0581.jpg

Buds are like meh stop squeezing me and smoke me! haha Notice how even with the varying sizes the buds are all uniform & the same.

IMG_20150207_180213_4321.jpg

This time around the bud stacking is much better, I can tell this is going to be a much better harvest! If you look closely you can see how sticky my fingers are just from handling the buds!  

IMG_20150207_180738_6161.jpg

Thanks man I really love the piece! It has moved its way up to my favorite so far out of my bongs. Having you complement it & knowing how you are about your pieces & the knowledge you have behind them makes me feel even better about it, LOL! I have been thinking about starting to do video updates so you may get to see her in action someday! I like watching the vid updates people post around the site when I smoke, so figured others may enjoy the same. Not sure what I would ramble on about but what's everyone think, should I start doing vid updates as well?  

IH,

OH YEAH MAN!! I love my SPECS! Easily one of the best purchases I have made for my garden! How do you like them so far? That Skywalker is looking mighty tasty!! Always wanted to try and get ahold of that strain, it was one of the first strains I really liked when I first started smoking.

8. #128 InternationalHarvester, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2015

Dude I can't wait to buy more. I haven't ever had the chance to smoke the Skywalker or Blue Dream so I am eager to harvest. I don't know what I love more, the lights or the water only organic soil. :laughing:  Some sticky buds you got there sir.

9. #129 SoCal Nature Farmer, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2015
    I have been reading a lot of discussions around the site lately regarding topping a plant. So I figured I would throw my opinion out there as to why I will NEVER again remove a plants apical meristem!

This was my Bodhi seeds Pura Vida when it first started throwing more than the 3 blade leaves. 

IMG_20141017_102216_2681.jpg

Started throwing the 5 blade leaves very early and I was very happy with how the growth was going so I let her get some more leaves on her then I transplanted into a 1gal fabric pot.

IMG_20141023_211357_8831.jpg

In no time she bounced back and started growing like crazy! However I had noticed something I hadn't seen yet before, she started throwing 7 blade leaves!!

IMG_20141029_145802_1301.jpg

Not only was the growth very uniform and beautiful but the rate of growth was astonishing!! I would wake up one morning and check on the plant and this is what it would look like.

IMG_20141031_222932_3651.jpg

Then I would wake up the next morning to the new growth looking like this!

IMG_20141103_134653_4041.jpg

So the growth rate was incredibly fast! Not to mention LOOK HOW GORGEOUS THOSE LEAVES ARE!! Now I wanted to work on getting her big and bushy so I started the stress training. Took that lovely main top and bent her over and attached her to the pot, exposing all that lovely undergrowth.

IMG_20141108_170659_8561.jpg

She responded great and bounced back, everything was pretty even canopy wise so I was expecting to have that undergrowth explode up and catch up with the main top.

IMG_20141110_220637_9041.jpg  

The undergrowth started catching up nicely but the main top was still growing extremely vigorous.

IMG_20141110_220720_2471.jpg

I kept pulling her down so the undergrowth had a chance but after everything I tried she was still reluctant to let them catch up! Man is she beautiful!!

IMG_20141123_143753_2301.jpg

Then I did the unthinkable... To even everything out I trimmed her up & removed the main top. :,(( 

IMG_20141130_201048_0251.jpg

Now she bounced back but as she continued to grow I noticed something that hurts me every time I think about it.

IMG_20141203_184236_8871.jpg

IMG_20141213_185115_1461.jpg

IMG_20141216_223614_3411.jpg    

IMG_20150118_170742_7931.jpg

IMG_20150128_181904_2032.jpg

IMG_20150131_201113_5971.jpg

If you look back at those pictures, after I removed the main top never again did she ever throw those gorgeous 7 blade leaves. :,( I also haven't been able to get the leaves to pray as hard as they were before & the growth rate is much slower then it was prior to the removal. Even the clone I took at the same time I removed the main top has never thrown those leaves.

IMG_20150205_173812_8671.jpg

So if by simply removing the top I changed the way the plant develops in structure. It hurts to think what I may have done to the overall bud structure, flavor, aroma, density, everything! Never having flowered her out yet I have no way to even tell what she could have been or if I even effected anything. But just this one thing that has changed is enough to make me NEVER want to do it again!

HTH!

10. Mate you are one of a kind grower here. The knowledge you've learned and show the GC community is phenomenal and yet you stay so humble. You do great work here man. I hope one day I'll have a chance to stroll through your garden in person. Bring a sample of what I've grown and we can just smoke the night away.

The density of those GSC buds is incredible. The fact it just squish paper thing with the amount of pressure you are dealing out screams quality. I hope Silver can put out half the quality yours do. I will be a happy man.

Side note, I actually ordered a bonsai tree to grow in my cubicle. Thanks to all the fellow growers out there and with my indoor growing "expertise" I figured it suited me.

I also needed a little green in my work space ;) can't grow weed in my cubicle such a shame lol.

11. Phamer I feel your pain... I might super crop but have not topped in a long time. Your ladies are still looking fantastic.

12. #132 mrsilly, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2015
    Cosco $32. On special grabbed one do you think this will work for veg?
    [

13. Hey man!

Yeah it should work fine for the clones and small plants you have them over currently. The CMH spectrum is 4000k-4200k so you should be fine with that. Only issue i can see would be the intensity, says on the box its throwing 3700 lumens. I usually don't go by lumens but I've read its preferred to use a minimum of 3000 lumens per square foot. Sunlight at noon is said to be around 10,000 lumens per square foot on a clear sunny day.

So given the lumen claim of the light I wouldn't use it to veg anything larger than 2ft. The clones and small plants will be fine tho! If you happen to find a deal like this another time but with bulbs. A ratio I would prefer to use as a veg spectrum is 70% CW/30% WW. You can achieve this by using a 6500k CW w/ 2700k-3000k WW or a all 5000k spectrum would work great as well.

Hope this helps!

14. Just never try and update when high uhh! Wrote out the whole thing and closed the browser.

Went and checked in on Silver. I've been waiting and waiting for a smell, I pop open the tent and there was a hint of citrus. I started trimming off some fan leaves and the smell was so intense. Smelled like I have an orange tree in my closet, so citrusy. And sticky hell yeah.

Pictures!

IMG_0849.JPG
    IMG_0851.JPG
    IMG_0852.JPG

Silver is almost 8 weeks into flower, but I think she has another 2 or 3 weeks to go. Maybe 4. Can't believe it's been almost 2 months already. She has got room to bulk up.

How is your garden doing mate? Hope all is well mate! 

15. That's a beautiful plant you have there Venom.

16. Thanks mate. PHarmer has helped me a lot. He pushed me to be organic and to rock the SolarSPECs. I owe my success to him.

17. Hey guys!! Sorry for my absence, been dealing with a lot lately. My girls grandmother passed away so we have been dealing with that. Plus my kidneys are acting up again and I have been passing kidney stones for the last few days. Let me tell you guys it is NOT pleasant!

However, thank you for sticking around! I will get some updates going again here soon.

Silver is looking tip top Venom!! I really love the look of those sativa leaves and the Absolum buds!! Also your plants look this good because of you my man! I may have presented the knowledge on what I use and why. Your the one who decided to implement it and see the results for yourself! For that I am extremely grateful as it is great to see someone else getting results they are happy with! I can't tell you how many years I sat there watching my plants die day by day. Knowing everything that was wrong, how to fix it. Just didn't have any money to do anything about it. So I spent that time learning everything I could about soil and this plant. During that time the No-Till organics was just starting to be discussed on another forum & I was all over it. I just didn't have the money to test out what everyone was saying. Now that I am finally able to do what I'd like with my grow I am experiencing a happiness unlike any other! So to extend that happiness to someone else is all I could ever ask for!

I need to find me a strong sativa tho, really looking into ordering seeds. I have never done that so I am a bit skeptical!

My bubble bags came in tho!

1424373509675.jpg

Now all that is left is to pick up some day ice and we can get started!! Need to look into it some more tho, I saw that Doc recently tried his hand at Dry Ice. He claims it is not as easy as it appears in the videos xD

So we shall see! Hope all has been well for everyone out there in the GC!

18. Flower update 2/15, Day 25:

1424380563339.jpg

1424380453767.jpg

GSC #1:

1424380473849.jpg

1424380551111.jpg

1424380518479.jpg

GSC #2:

1424380489284.jpg

1424380533572.jpg

1424380503934.jpg

19. Just you wait.

They will fill in like CRAAZY

Well, mine are. I'm using a SS 260 over one plant, and a Solar System 300 over another

The buds seem to double in size, daily