Pharmacy school

Discussion in 'General' started by ChronBong, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Ive finally decided I'm going to be a pharmacist. I've been told its very challenging and hard but I'm going to do the best I can to take on the challenge because it will be rewarding. Any pharmacists or current college students on here, could you explain what pharmacy school is like in detail so I have a real idea of what I'm getting myself into?

2. Uhm all I have to say Is I hate pharmaceuticals for ruining lives. Although they helped many, they've ruined many too

3. Math.....lots and lots of math

Good luck

4. chemistry is a huge part

5. My sister has been a pharmacy tech so long she basically can do most of a pharmacists job and she likes it but that's all I really know.

6. I know it's all math and science and a lot of it. I'll have to be taking 17 hours of credits a semester.

I used to think thy ruined lives but honestly that's just antidepressants and a few others. But when I'm doing my job, I'm rarely going to prescribe them and keeping good tracks of people's use.

7. dawg ur going to have to go pre-med:

1 year of calc
    1 year of chem
    1 year of bio
    1 year of organic chem
    1 year of physics

u up for that dawg?

8. Be prepared for 8 years of hell is all I can say. And like that one guy said about pharmacy tech. You can do that in 2 years I think, but the salary is nothing compared to a pharmacist.

You can either go into an undergrad program specifically designed for pharmacy- pre pharm. or you can get a bachelors in biology or chemistry or something similar and go to med school.

9. :laughing: you don't prescribe them shit, you give them what the doctor prescribes them

10. I'm currently pursuing my undergraduate degrees in botany and biochemistry.

I plan on doing something pharmacy related after my 3 years are up (I'm on honors track...double major in 3 years, 21 credits/semester). But, that could change by the time I'm actually done so I don't entertain the thought too much.

11. My aunt is the dean of pharmacy at university of Chicago and she's wrote 2 textbooks, if that help.

12. I'd go crazy being around all those unmentionables all day:(

13. i was thinking about doing it then i realized i fuckin hate math. though it really doesn't seem like you would actually need that much math to fill a prescription lol

14. yea there's is some for sure money in that field...at least you don't have to worry about getting raided,