Pharmaceuticals And Weed

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by daffyshuler, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Ok so im getting some therapy for my bipolar diagnosis. Ill probably end up taking meds, but i love weed.

I have a question, does marijuana affect pharmaceutical medication or vice versa? Like if i get some meds and i have to take them for mood stabilization, would it affect my brain with weed for the worst?

I also am interested in knowing if anti depressants plus weed are bad.

Sent from my LGMS769 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. no

mj's active compounds do not chemically interact with any drugs.

I recommend you avoid the pharm path with any of the NEW drugs.

ask the Dr when they will actually test your brain for the supposed chemical imbalance those drugs 'fix' ... they won't, ever, they will use a line along the theme of "you have to trust us"...

there are better ways to deal with a mental issue, better medications, herbal being my fav of course :smoke: , there are better meditations and life changes then a drug dependency from a pharmacy (they are physically addictive, ssri's take months to wean off of to avoid harsh withdrawal)

but if you trust your doctor, listen to the doctor...ignore me...I'm just an old hippie stoner that kicked 1200bucks a month in pharm meds and use mmj to replace them all. :hello:
    :gc_rocks:

3. See im much happier with self medicating on weed, but im in love with my wife and she doesnt want to be with me unless im clean, but she approves of some pharm meds. So sucks to be me.

Sent from my LGMS769 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Tough loss for her. I mean this with love but your health responsibly comes first. Pharmaceuticals especially for the brain are no joke and not free of consequence.

This isn't about being stoner, it's about the safest plant based medicine that won't cause long term damage to your neural network, brain cells and liver.