Ph wont go down

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Joshkl, Jan 21, 2012.

1. howzit. i have 2 plants. in deep water culture bubble buckets. one cindarella 99 and the other cotton candy kush. im using Cutting Edge solutions micro bloom grow. The problem is i keep adding pH down solution and my ph is stuck at around 7.0. what could be the problem?

2. I don't know what your specific problem is but I used to use Cutting Edge nutes and I always had a problem with PH. I switch to Canna and my PH seems to stay fairly stable.

3. [quote name='"Marsdude"']I don't know what your specific problem is but I used to use Cutting Edge nutes and I always had a problem with PH. I switch to Canna and my PH seems to stay fairly stable.[/quote]

How much was ur canna line set up I have the house and garden set up but herd better things from canna

4. I think Canna is about the same as H&G. The most expensive item is the "Boost" additive. I have heard really good things about H&G. I thought they were about the same as Canna.

5. [quote name='"Marsdude"']

I think Canna is about the same as H&G. The most expensive item is the "Boost" additive. I have heard really good things about H&G. I thought they were about the same as Canna.[/quote]

I herd great things about H&G but even more about canna.. I herd that H&G is a cheaper version of canna.. My 5l bottles are look just like cannas... Is the boost additive like the roots excelurator from H&G

6. did you wash & lower ph your hydroton/growrox be for you set your system up ?
    middy

7. i let the water sit. reverse osmosis. then added my nutes then adjusted the ph. is that the right order?

8. hes askin if you washed and pH'd you hydroton! wash it to remove dust, then let it soak in pH'd water. Did you do this?

9. No the Boost is more for budding. It is over $400 for a 5L at the grow shop and somewhere around $350 on Ebay.

Have you ever heard of Greenleaf Nutrients? Here is a link to a web site:

All Products : Greenleaf Nutrients, Nurture Your Nature

I have never used any of these but it is intriguing. Supposedly they make powdered versions of mainstream nute lines. The say they have "similar" formulas. They have a versions of some of the H&G stuff. It would be interesting to try a side by side grow.

10. oh shit no i didnt. wash wish soap? and how long shall i let it sit? should the ph water be like 5.8-6.0?

11. yup.. i think i pH'd mine at 5.6, and just toss em inrto a collender or strainer and rinse and rinse and rinse some more! When you think you got all the dust out. Rinse one more time!

12. ....what's those roots look like?

13. i think my ph meter is broken. no matter how much ph down i add to regular water. the meter is stuck at 7.10. same reading it read on the nutrient water. fml

14. have calibartion solution? by some gen hydro calibrating solution green shit.. 7.0 cal.. i calibrate mine each and every use! just to be safe!

15. I'm not sure that not soaking your hydroton in PH'd water is the problem. I never do this and I don't have your type of problem.

However, I-if you want to see of that might be the problem I would suggest filling your bucket up to the brim with PH'd nutes and letting it sit for a hour or two then drain it back down to where you regularly keep it.. This will not harm the plants and, if the hydroton is adding to the ph problem, this should help.

I don't think this is the problem, after reading your last post I think it's your meter. Go buy a cheap ph kit using regent for $5 at a grow, pond, or pool store (I think Walmart even has them) and use that to see what your ph really is.

16. I don't know what brand you use, hanna ph pens explain how to calibrate on their website.

17. i have a hannah single ph pen. i have never calibrated since i have owned it. you think its done?

18. if you can't get calibration fluid for your meter at the local hydro store try an aquatic centre.
    Middy

19. Or, you can take two glasses. Fill one with water and the other with half vinigar half water. If the pen reads the both the same - that would be bad.