PH too high

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by rockn01, May 8, 2007.

1. The PH is too high in my soil. I neglected to check it and it got away from me. I read here that vinegar can be used as a quick fix. My question is how much vinegar do I use per gallon of water? I plan on getting the proper solution to lower it but it's hard to find around here. I may have to purchase on line. So I need something now. Also should I flush the soil before I add the vinegar solution?

2. um, ive never experienced this first hand, from what i understand, a flush should do it. im not totally sure about the vinegar thing. if you flush with spring water 3 times than the amount of soil, you should clean out all the salts and proteins, and be neutral, because pure H20 is neutral (pH7). just thought i'd add my two cents. good luck.

E

3. wrong! bottled water can be any PH the want it to be
    you need to stick to the begginners section if you want to give advice

rockn01

you can use vinegar in an emergency situation, As to the amounts.......you need to be able to read the PH with a chemy kit or PH pen

add the vinegar till your in the optimum range 6.5 - 6.8

flush till the pots then become the same PH 6.5 6.8

4. Thanks for the advice. I'm going to do the vinegar flush. I ordered some Dyna-Gro PH down from e-bay. I hope the vinegar works till it arrives.
    Thanks again!!