PH testing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by PeeDee420, Feb 24, 2009.

1. So I am 24 days into my first grow and I have yet to check my ph. I only want to grow 4-6 plants per year so I don't want to buy a ph meter if possible. What are the chances my ph will just stay good without me monitoring it? I only use distilled water.

2. I grow outdoors in large pots and I never measure pH. I add lime to my soil is all.

But I am a heretic, and lots of people who can only yield 2 ounces warn me about the dire consequences of nute lock out and other such carp.

3. adding lime will prevent the acids from building up over time, ph test trips aren't incredibly expensive so they could be worth it.

4. There's no way to calculate those odds, either your pH will be in line or it won't. That is largely in your control. I would not do anything to adjust the pH without knowing what it is. If you want to save money, I suggest identifying a local store that carries a good pH meter that you could run out and buy if you have a problem. You can't wait for an internet order to ship, once you see a problem you don't have days and days to wait.

5. I use distilled water and FFOF soil and products like you are... and so far... havent had any ph issues.... I do check but so far so good