Ph testing home style testing before buying actual strips.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Deezenutz420, Jun 10, 2019.

1. I recently just tried the vinegar baking soda trick. I feed my plants with tap water. (I know I'm an idiot..) I run fox farms happy frog soil. I have 2 plants curling at the 2 side leaves first nodes.. took soil from each pot and added vinegar and my tap water till milk shake consistency and then no fizz... added baking soda... just a tiny bit. It fizzed. Meaning acidic... it fizzed alot with a sprinkle. So I'm slightly concerned. I know it may seem stupid. I'm extremely beginner. I just wanna fix this issue now. So I learn in the future. So I'm so sorry in advance... my leaves are doing this bullshit on 2 of my gelatos that I transferred from shitty soil to new better soil to 5 gal pots..( the hairs is from tree cotton balls flying in the air I inspected plants with high powered scope no mites)
    The other 2 photos are my healthy plants... same soil.. once again this is my first try I'm doing 12 plants. And I just need help any tips. I'm on a budget I got neem oil. I got fox farms trio package nutrients. And happy frog soil. And 5 gal pots. And can afford diff pots and if needed perlite... but like I said be patient with me. If you can be available alot to PM or super active on this group any help will be greatly appreciated... Screenshot_20190609-112014.jpg Screenshot_20190609-112032.jpg received_2323017241305346.jpeg IMG_20190609_053416_600.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Soil should be slightly acidic anyway. 6.5ph is .5 lower than neutral which is seven, and 6.5 is the ph to aim for so unless it's very low ph, it should be ok. Personally it just looks like the seedlings are struggling with the hot soil (soil with nutes in it), all plants can react differently to the same amount of nutes, so that could explain why these ones are seemingly stunted and the others aren't. Still, as brought up in your other thread, make sure you let it dry out a little, if you over water seedlings they drown, and there are many different symptoms from that.

3. Okay so.. I'm so sorry for spam posting. I am the type where I worry about them dying.. but I will let them dry if nothing changes it's something more serious?

4. If i remember right, you said you're growing outdoors? If so, try moving them to a different spot, because it also could be heat stress depending on where you are climate etc. But yeah, don't let the plants die from drying out, just make sure that the soil isn't wet all the time when you go to water again.

• Like Like x 1
  5. It's been super hot in Michigan but breezy kinda at same time

6. Breezy is good but not necessarily enough to stop them burning. There are two sorts of heat stress for plants, one where the temp is too high and the other is when the plant gets more sun than it can handle. That's why I think especially as seedlings you might want to give them a spot where they get more shade.

7. Will do and then I'll post updates maybe after a week

• Like Like x 1