pH question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by xshadowshooter, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Hello, I have two plants growing in the same 18 gal rubbermaid container (bubble bucket), using GH nutes via the lucas formula. They are now 3 weeks into flower. Since I flushed and refilled my res to start flowering, I have not had any way to measure their pH because my meter broke and I haven't had $ to get a new one.

One plant has HUGE buds, bigger than I would expect for so early in flower. Every bud site has large calyxes and bunches of pistils. However, the other one (which is slightly bigger) has little tiny flowers with dinky little hairs that make me sad :( They are both exposed to the EXACT same environment, and as far as I can tell, everything is in check except for the pH.

Could the (potential) pH imbalance be causing this? If not, what are possible culprits?

Thanks.

2. No, if it were a Ph problem, it would be affecting both plants. Each plant can have its own differences, nothing to worry about. It will catch up in time. Go and get yourself a simple Ph test kit at a nursery or hydro shop. About $15 and you are set.