PH question on flushing in soil 6.5 or 8.3

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by drb Dexter, Aug 3, 2007.

1. i just started week 7 flowering and i just started flushing im useing Advanced Nutrients Final Phase. i heard dont adjust the ph cuz you want nutients lockout at this point ture or false? there in soil my regular Ph is 6.5 but it comes out of my RO at 8.3.
    So what do you think 6.5 during flush or 8.3?

2. I am using the Advanced Nutrients as well ,and also started the Final Phase about 4 days ago.

Read the side of the bottle, it tells you there..

" Final cycle - Drain and rinse reservoir of all nutrient feed solution. Fill with clean water and add 2.5ml of Final Phase per litre ( 2tsp oer gallib) of wate. Agitate thoroughly. pH should be adjusted between 5.5 - 5.8 for hydroponics and 6.2 - 6.5 for sphagnum moss and soil mixes. Continue this for the last 7-10 days of your flowering cycle. "

So Yes you need to adjust your pH level, doing this will allow the plant to use up all the left over nutrients in the soil and in the plant, this way when you smoke it, there will not be a chemical taste or smell to it, as the plant has used up all the nutrients.

Hope that makes sense.

3. ya thats what i figured, i just wanted to see what someone else thought about it, and i did read the bottle but my friend who has a few grows under his belt told me not to adjust PH cuz you want nute lockout at this. but he is one the people who thinks they know every thing about growing and every thing you do hes done it better. everything i read in books and on the web points to what you were saying anyway thanks for the info it's what i was looking for.

4. I've always been curious... if the PH is out of range and the plant cant get nutrients, doesnt it just use the nutes stored up in the leaves instead? thats why they yellow, I thought.

Isnt that the exact condition you want before harvest?

5. If the water is not at the right Ph level, then the plant cant absove the nutrients that it needs, this is why you need to bring down the pH level, so the plant will take up all the nutrients. Plants are weird like that. I seen a chart once somewhere on the internet that explainded what nutrients are absorved at what pH levels, the plant will not take up certain nutrients unless the pH level is correct.

During this final phase, you are trying to get the plant to use up all the remaining nutrients, and this will finish the buds up nicly.. hopfully..