PH Problems....Help!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by LegalizeTheHerb, Apr 11, 2011.

1. I have two girls, Cole Train and Amnesia Lemon planted in 3 gallon pots w/ FFOF soil, and I'm using the FF trio ferts (grow big, big bloom, tiger bloom). The girls are about 3.5 weeks old. So far I've given both plants 1 tsp of grow big and 6 tsp of big bloom. I've tested the water mixed w/the nutrients and it was been at 6.5ph. However, I just tested the runoff water today for the Cole Train (b/c I was watering and giving it nutes) and it was at 5.0 ph. I could tell there was a ph problem b/c the leaves were yellowing in spots in between the veins. So I got plain water and put some ph up in it so it was sitting at 8.5 ph. I poured that water in the Cole Train in hopes that it would raise the ph but the runoff water still stayed at 5.0. How long does it take for the ph levels to rise in a 3 gallon pot? People who have experience w/fox farm ocean forest and trio nute pack: What ph do you usually adjust the nutrient mix to when you water?

2. It needs some time, but try to increase the ph gradually. If it goes from 5.0 straight to 6.5 it will stress your plant a lot.