pH problem?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Penelope420, Oct 15, 2008.

1. #1 Penelope420, Oct 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2008
    I have 4 plants (Barney's Sweet Tooth) growing under a 600 watt HPS, and I am 3.5 weeks into flowering. Temps are good, around 70 degrees. The plants are in 5 gallon buckets with FF Ocean Forest, and we've been giving them FF Tiger Bloom with every other feeding (started at 1/2 strength and are now at full strength, I believe).

The plants are doing awesome, but one (only one) is developing yellow leaves with brown dead spots. This plant has a soil pH of around 7.1, while the rest of them are at 6.8.

Does this sound like a pH problem? Any suggestions on fixing her?

2. you wont get any proper help without pics i guess

3. I was afraid someone would give me that answer.

The lights turn on in 7 hours, I'll try to get some pics then.

4. Yea, i would like to see where and how its yellowing.

5. I just took some photos.

I also forgot one possibly important issue that we've been having. That one plant is draining so much faster then the others, so the soil doesn't seem to be retaining water as well.

Here's the whole plant:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Close up of the leaves:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Family photo... All four plants (overall, they are doing pretty well for our first grow!):
    [​IMG]

6. Anyone?

Bueller?

:)

7. hey penelope..

that spotting definately looks like some PH issues. I'd give alll of them a good flush. It's good to do monthly anyways.

Are these from clnoe or seed? That's really odd that the one drains more than the others. Did you mix more perlite in or anything?

anyway, a good flush with like 10 gallons of PH 6.5 water should do you well.

good luck.. those plants look really nice regardless.

edit: also i'd remove any of those dead leaves.. it'll help with airflow and cut down on any chances of pests or mold.

8. Thanks AW!

I think what happened (based on some reading I've done) is we used a some leftover vermiculite in one batch of soil that we mixed, so we're thinking that one plant got the brunt of it and we have some salt build up in the soil. I think you are right that a flush is in order.