pH Problem, Need help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by zombieSHROOM, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Hey blades! I've been racking my brain trying to figure this out on my own, but nothing seems to be working!

I am using Ocean Forest soil, and Purified Water (pH 7.0), and using Lime to stabilie the pH

But my soil run off is still around 5.0?!? I need 6.5, if im not mistaken, and I can tell my plants are hating it!

So, this is where I need your help blades! I need to fix my pH because, not only am I dealing with a nitrogen defic. problem. the new shoots on my Ice #2 plant are starting to necro and die :(

Please, someone give me a STEP BY STEP on how to fix this problem:

If I need the pH of my soil to go UP, would I raise the pH of my water the amount of points I want the soil to go up?

ex: My soil is 5.0 and I need 6.5. My water is 7.0, would I raise the pH of the water to 8.5? Once I get my soil to 6.5 do I use the lime to keep it there?

AHHH my head is gunna explode! Sorry for the crazy rambling blades! I'm learning as fast as I can

Thanks much,

Shro0m

T

2. In for knowledge. I'm having the same problem, can't seem to raise the ph of my spill permanently.

3. Bumpidy bump

4. lime can some times take two weeks to break down and get threw the soil

so.... just run three to five times the amount of water threw for every cubic foot of soil you have...

ex: if you have a pot with one cubic foot of soil, run three or five gallons of 6.5-7.0 water threw it... at the end you will end up with soil with a much better PH balance for MMJ...

don't forget.. you've just washed alot of stuff out of your soil... including all the lime you've been adding... so make sure to sprinkle a little more

in the future you should take all soil your going to use and mix in the Dolomite lime early and start watering a couple of weeks early so the lime can really soak in and correct the PH problems way before they happen

report back

5. Whats the ph of your feed solutions. Nutes will drop water ph greatly. Get some ph up and adjust feed solution to 6.5 after flushing as Tihspeed mentioned:)

6. awesome, thank you guys! Im going to flush my plants right now and add some more lime.

I'm going to pick up nutes in the next couple of days :) I'll keep you guys updated!