PH Problem & maybe more. Helpp

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by dela, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Ok so I started growing a clone 23 days ago and it was doing excellent until about day 17, when unfortunately one of the lights fell into the plant over the night and I wasn't able to fix it until about 9am the next day (the lights turn back on at 7am). So after this a few of the branches were pretty badly damaged by the heat of the light and the lights falling from the air into them. So after this I was hoping all would be well, but the plant has just been going downhill from there and I think it might be a PH problem as I just found out the water I have been watering it with is a PH of 7.5 or higher... Many of the fan leaves are drooping, and now the stem has changed color in the middle from green to brown. There is a 2 inch stretch in the middle of the stem that is now brown and I don't know how to save it. Anyone suggestions to help would be great!

Attached Files:

2. Hey Man, looks like you have had yourself quite an adventure. :eek:

First of all, remember that plants are really resilient and can be put thru a lot and still do okay.

What I would do is give the plant a good flush - a gallon of room temperature ph (6.4) water, poured real slowly. Pour a little, let it soak in, pour some more.

Then I would up pot to a larger container, maybe 3~5 gallons. I'd make sure my mix had a good amount of Mycorr (2 tablespoons) and perlite in it - 40% (get that oxygen to the roots).

I would then wait 2 or 3 days for the soil to dry before giving them a real nice dinner at maybe 1200ppm.

Hope this helps....Good luck :wave: