Ph problem in soil

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by nasty_nate_84, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Im having a huge ph issue in my soil. The soil is happy frog mixed with cyco coco coir. If been using general hydroponics trio nutrients. I have never watered these plants below a 6.50 ph. I did a few soil test a couple of days ago the tests i did were teetering towards 6.0 to 6.2 ish. And this was a drop manual test.

So naturally next water which was today i ph all my nutrients water to 7.0 ph to try to raise it up to 6.5 ph. I watered with 7.0 ph water and caught the water run off filtered it through two paint bucket strainers and cheese cloth until clearish. I measured the ph through my ph meter as well as my rapid soil ph meter.

Only two of my plant soils were in between 6.0 and 6.5 ph range. Most were 5.3 to 5.8 how can i raise the ph in the plant soils where its super low. Like i said ive been watering 65. And up ph . Its never been below that range. I just dont understand how my ph can be lower than what im watering it with it bafgles me . Any answers are always appreciated from this newb. 20190831_175826.jpg 20190831_172212.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. water with a higher ph, using ph up in your water or, baking soda.

3. A ph of 8 should bring ur dirt ph up, depending on your nutrients some make ph sway up or down.

4. So when ur soil is dry ready to water or feed, do this
    Take a large shot glass of soil from ur plant and the same amount of distilled water and put in a cup. Stir around. Than put one meter in and get a reading. Than the other. So that will give u the true pH of ur soil. The ppms will tell u if ur plants are eating ur feeds or if they are hungry. So if I get a reading of 350 or under I feed. If it's over 350 i water. It's just that simple

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I would just use Happy frog with no coco added. Just add some PERLITE.

6. Not good to try to raise it that quick. Just like .3 at a time. More than likely the coco is doing that! Happy frog by itself wont

• Like Like x 1