ph over 7

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by steve, Feb 19, 2003.

1. if your ph is over 7 will it make the plant a male. and if it is over 7 how do you bring it down?

2. go get some ph down Ive never herd of a high ph having an affect on the sex

3. I've never heard of that either, but just add some dolomite lime to lower it....remember every time you add fert the ph can change a bit......Peace out.....Sid

4. lime??????

um i think that will raise ur pH

5. interesting you've never heard of it. Says a lil bit about PH having to do with becoming more male in the book my Ed Rosenthal
    dunno maybe hes wrong, but doubt it.

6. It should drain well. That is, it should have some sand in it and also some sponge rock or pearlite.
    The ph should be between 6.5 and 7.5 since marijuana does not do well in acidic soil. High acidity in soil encourages the plant to be predominantly male, an undesirable trait.
    The soil should also contain humus for retaining moisture and nutrients.

straight from book.

7. as close to 6.7 as u can get it

and eds a great guy but im gonna need some data on that male thing...just dont make sense.

8. sorry that was the drink talking last night...lol...distilled vinegar will lower the ph...the lime will as froggy said raise it.....reminds of the time i thought putting vinegar in the grow room would help get the smell away....all that happened was the vinegar evaporated and got took in through the leaves.....that was a bad time in my life....nearly lost the lot.....oh well....oh and as for the male from a ph over 7 i've read that article, it's in the grow guide that under my sig....but i'm not too convinced either!.....Peace out.....Sid