Ph or deficiency problems, need help!

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by jowbow, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Hello everybody. Heppy new year guys.

I've been having a problem with my plants and it's been driving me mad.

The plants were germinated on the 28th of november. Two OG KUSH and two TANGERINE DREAM.

50% coco 50% perlite.

I started feeding them 200ppm 5.8ph once I saw the third set of real leaves around day 17, before then only 5.8ph 50ppm filtered water.

On the 21st of december the plants started displaying a weird tip clawing down and then a weird burn, not like a nute burn, it grew fast and on the sides and a chlorosis followed, the yellowing is always intravenal and always on the older leaves and moves up. my new growth is fine on all four plants.

At first I thought it was a deficiency since its a mobile problem. It kind of looked like a K or Mg problem, and since I was feeding them very low ppms i upped the PPMs gradually. That made new growth come out beautiful, they clearly loved the elevated ppms. The green looks healthy on new growth and no apparent problem, but the older leaves are all suffering. I upped the PPMs to around 350-450. Always 5.8ph. The problem sort of slowed down but its still there. The older leaves develop either a chlorosis or a dark brown appearance and then it starts to die...

On the last week Ive been paying attention to the Ph. I'm starting to think its a Ph lockdown since I'm feeding them all the nutrients they need.

So I tested the runoff.

If I feed them 5.8ph the runoff is 6.9...7. I'm a total newbie but Its of my understanding that the whole thing should be between 5.5-6.5ph, right?

I started flushing every other feeding with plain ph water... the problem still continues yet the flush runoff did start to come out more clear and with lower ppms, yet the ph runoff is still around 7, sometimes it comes to 6.8.

This is a typical feeding menu of the girls:

2GAL res: 6.5ml Calimagic, 4ml floramicro, 4ml floragro, 4ml florabloom, 2ml budcandy. (i'm on a transition feeding menu) 400PPM - 5.8ph. The order is first calimagic, then micro, then all the others.

Attached are some pictures of the problem once it showed up and some of present time.

I have no idea of what this might be.

What should I do? Flush more often until a decent ph comes out? Add something to the medium that will lower my ph? Up the ppm?

Thanks everybody sorry for the long post like I said this is driving me nuts and I just want healthy plants!

Any help is much appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. They are mag deficient .. that micro is 6 percent calcium and its to much with the camg . Next thing to lock out wll be calcium and you will see rest spots ...I went through the same shif learning coco a few years ago ..

I would cut the grow and came off out of the equation . Get you some epsom salt .... 1 gram epsom salt , 6 ml mico , 9 ml bloom .... thats all you need ... stop the bud candy for now too ...

Once you get into flower you can slowly start cutting the micro back ... to much n is no good for bud production but wait to the end of the stretch to cut it back

That's the Lucas formula .coco can be a little tricky to learn ....... those measurements are for 1 gallon of water ..... good luck .. they ain't to bad yet but they surly mag deficient ... coco can be a little tricky to learn but once you get the ca/mg ams p/k ratios right your good ...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks dude! So cut the gro for now. I got some epsom salt already. The thing is they are sort of in early bloom, small buds are showing and they are starting to smell like weed... knowing they are in early bloom do you think i still need to do this:
    "cut the grow and came off out of the equation . Get you some epsom salt .... 1 gram epsom salt , 6 ml mico , 9 ml bloom"

one more thing. You said "Once you get into flower you can slowly start cutting the micro back" I cut it to what??

THANKS!

4. Hello!!!

So I started with the lucas formula 1 gram epsom salt , 6 ml mico , 9 ml bloom... the girls started loving it. New growth looks amazing and the deficiency seemed to stop growing. I've been doing a feed feed feed water schedule...

But my runoff PH was still of 6.7-6.9. So this week I started lowering the ph gradually up until my ph was at 5.5 in and finally i got a 6.5 ph out, which is in the coco range from what I've heard. good move?

This new deficiency showed up last night (see attached photos). Do you thing the lowering of the IN ph caused this?

Should I flush? plain ph water?

Should I do a water feed water schedule?

Attached Files: