ph meter help out lol.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by 360wayvin, Jun 18, 2010.

1. i went out and copped a ph meter. ok now what i wanna kno is when i stick it in the soil and its not where its suppose to be. what is sum materials i can use to raise it, and lower it?

and also i kno people say check the ph of the water to rite ? well i could not find a meter for the water at all. only the ones for like aquariums and pools and shit help me out let me kno sompin.

2. When you water your plant and excess water drains out of the bottom of the pot, get that water and test it. Your tester for pools and aquariums is fine, stick it in the runoff water from your plant. Depending on what it is, you can lower or raise the pH with a variety of household goods or you could go out and buy any acids/bases HCl or some NaOH or just some pH up/down from your local hydro store.

3. ok im a lil confused. but umm so when u test the water that drains from the pot that called runoff right ? and what would be the point of testing it then if i already put it in my soil ? and we do not have an hydro store around my way. but if i ever did get intouch with sum ph up/down do i just add it in the water next tyme i water the plant. well really what im looking for is the proper procedure of test with soil and water and adding ph up and down.