ph low

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by cabbagehead76, Nov 17, 2009.

1. i have water farm bucket system with 17 gal resivour add my nutes 1 day and ph it at 6.0 test the ph tomorrow it will be 5.3 is this normal, always seem to be low everyday stays around 5.2 or 5.3. any help will be much appreciated

2. can someone please help!!!!!!!!!

3. what are ur ppm's?
    how often do you add nutes to the rez?

when ur ppm's go up, ur ph will drop which is a sign that the plant is taking in more water then nutes. You probably need to back off the nutes a little. You can thin out your rez by adding water - no nutes - and adjust ur ph if needed.

Hope this helps!

GL with your grow
    Doin'

4. ppm 1500, top off daily with ph'd water only nutes if below 1500 4th week flowering northern lights general hydroponics 3 part food. sound about right or to aggressive thank i should back off nutes. Also thanx for helping. all information much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. you're very welcome :) I'm sorry I didn't see your post sooner.

If it were me, I'd back them down and stabilize the ph.

you can probably easily run 800 - 900 ppm's thru flower without issues as long as you keep your ph in the happy range ;) and they're getting everything they need...the girls should be very good to you :)

They'll tell you when they're hungry - they'll start to get a lighter green. if that happens, slowly up your nutes.

Are you planning on using any other supplements like cal-mag or fish emulsion? Just curious.

Good luck! I hope the girls treat you very well.

6. backed it down to 1000 ppm 5.8 ph. :) Only additives floralicious plus, flora blend, liquid kool bloom all general hydroponics nutes and additives, Is that ok or should i be running other additives if so what? all help and suggestions much appreciated !!!!!!!!!

THANX

7. If the nutes your using don't have calcium, magnesium I'd suggest cal-mag. floralicious plus is good stuff...which I think contains fish emulsion. If the girls aren't showing any signs of deficiency I don't think I'd worry about it unless you plan to give them a resin booster / producer like cha-ching. Up to you ;)

maybe somebody else with have some suggestions for you as well.

Good luck

8. also wondering if you know if dehumidifiers pull the co2 out of the air. If so do you have any suggestions on controlling humidity if out side humidity is 70% when venting is not acceptable means of lowering RH! Thanx!!!!!

9. I believe they just take the water out of the air.