Ph Levels!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by BungaJack, May 12, 2009.

1. I thought i would post this here since i am goin all organic this summer. But i was wondering what a good ph level is. I have been working my plot for about 5 days total and i have added peat moss since there was alot of clay. Then added some really rich black compost. I went out an checked it this morning and i had a ph of 6.5 to 5.75.

2. About 5.5-6.8 is good for mj.

3. check this out man... might help ya a bit...goodluck stay green:D:wave:

[​IMG]

4. Thats what i was thinkin. Thankz u all. Sounds like im right where i need to be. Now on to figuring out what kind of ferts and nutes i want to use.

5. what are some organic ways of raising/lowering PH levels?

6. good question can some1 tackle this one???:hello:

7. Lime - UP
    Sulfur - DOWN

If you can, buy a soil pH test kit and find out what you're at before you plant. You can then mix in some sulfur or lime if you need it without having to add it to the top soil later and wait until it starts working(weeks). Keep in mind pH will rise over time

8. So if my ph level is low preplanting, I shouldnt add lime because it will go up with time?

9. Naw u want to put the lime in the dirt before hand, If u put it on while ur planting u might burn it.

10. what about mixing egg shells in while the plant is in there? sometimes the ph gets high with the plant in the soil