pH levels for cloning ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dbonics, Mar 12, 2008.

1. ive searched around some older threads here trying to find out the answer to my question, but i didnt see it. so if im asking this when its somewhere else im sorry - point me in the right direction if this has already been covered.

but my question is regarding pH levels for rooting clones in rockwool cubes. i know soaking them in water pH'd to around 5.5 is the way to start. and im pretty sure you want to keep the pH below 6.0 for your future waterings while you're waiting for your clones to root. but is there any preference on the pH of the water you use to mist the clones ?

currently i water the cubes with a pH of 5.6 @ 350ppm w/ oliva's cloning solution, with 100ppm coming from the tap water. so its only 250ppm of the very light cloning food. which is suggested to be used basically daily until the clones root. i mist them daily with basic tap water balanced to 5.8 pH. will this cause any problems, or are there other accepted guidelines i should follow. how long should i keep up the low pH waterings/spraying ? my clones are showing signs of root development, but im not sure when i should change the pH of the water. thanks to the GC family!

2. bumpity bump - didnt know this was a complicated question ^^

3. Once you have steady root growth, keep it at the normal pH level.

4. my tap water is 7.0 and never had a problem cloning. If you see new roots then, keep it at the same ph.

5. my tap water pH comes outta the tap at around 8.4-8.5 but the water quality itself isnt bad at all. like said in first post - it has 100ppm total. im just glad i dont have hard water to deal with from my tap.

ok so yeah, i figured when using only rockwool like i am now, id basically treat it as hydro. i guess then while they are in rockwool only, ill treat it as hydro, then when i transplant into soil, ill revert back to regular soil pH levels.

thanks family

6. Roots just need moisture is all right? no nutes anything ?

7. the best bet of all is using a 1 inch cube and distilled water for the cubes and for misting,when roots appear at the bottom insert 1 inch cube in your soil and use half strength nutes and ph as ussual for soil grow!!!!

8. im currently using 2x2 grodan wrapped delta cubes to root my cuttings in. and if needbe, depending on time, laziness etc. i have grodan wrapped 3x3x3 cubes ready to take on the delta cubes.