PH level in water

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by maren021, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Finally got a PH test strip to check the PH level in my household water...guess what its 7.8 is this level dangerous to my Cannabis Plants and what is the easy way to lower it, new leaves are light green and thin, some of th eleaves have yellow spots some r curling in some have leaf stems turning a little purple or red.
    need help......:confused:

2. Ok...so a lot of this is going to be probably in laymans or even incorrect terms, I'm only jumping in because nobody else has yet.

I don't know by how much but I am pretty sure the level of what you've said is too high.
    I don't think it's "dangerous" but it might be why you're having funny colours etc, and I think this is because it's not getting as much of what it needs as it should.
    The PH levels effect that, like its ability to absorb the right things?

Er, anyone more competent feel free to jump in here?

3. :eek: would u happen to know a good link where I can find info on trying to bring down the PH in my water, how do I find the PH level in my soil, thru run-off???
    PH can really mess up your garden. It looks like they have more then one thing wrong, but now with this PH it does do alot of damage, how do I fix it???:(
    thanks for your help.
    Mary

4. Well you've posted this in "pandoras box", there are areas of the forum that are specific to indoor and outdoor growing - not sure from your post if you're growing outdoors, or indoors with soil, so I've included both.

Indoor: Indoor Marijuana Growing - Grasscity.com Forums

Outdoor: Outdoor Marijuana Growing - Grasscity.com Forums

and here's "absolute beginners" if you need to brush up on the basics:
    Absolute Beginners - Grasscity.com Forums

I don't think you can fix it, but you can add stuff to change the water you put into it...I think lime and ash?
    You can also buy gardening meters that will tell you what the levels are, from what I've read I think they work something like a meat thermometer?
    Could be wrong though?

Anyways, that should hopefully point you in the right direction - sorry I couldn't be more specific, I don't really know dick, just stuff I've picked up reading through here.

5. Thank you for responding, I am indoor soil grow, clones in water. I have been using lemon juice in the water to lower the ph levels, then Miracle grow for ferts.
    I have one strain that is 3 generation thru cloning, now these have so many probs it has to be from a high PH, I finally got that down now it seems as some is starting to look like the original my last harvest the buds were completely different from my first harvest, I have 1 clone of this left and it doesn't look too bad, the others were so far gone I couldn't bring them back :(, so I have her in bottled water and spraying her with bottle water, hopefully she will be healthy when she starts to root, then I can reestablish the strain....

6. #6 Fëanor, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2013
    Could that be nutrient burn?

Might want to look into fertilizers other than Miracle Grow. Not that Miracle Grow is the devil but I've never known a grower who used it. Everyone uses a few individual (usually natural) fertilizers to cover the primary nutrients: phosphorous, nitrogen, and potassium.

I'm not expert so don't take my word on this. Just pointing out one possibility.

7. these are just a couple of my girls that get Miracle Grow. I still have a few probs but slowly getting them back, now if I can keep my dog from eating any more of my clones.....:eek:
    3 Grand daddy purple clones and now can't find seed anywhere....any suggestions...besides shoot the dog:devious:
    thanks again

Attached Files:

8. #8 Fëanor, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2013
    Well you can't mess with success so go with what's working :cool:

pH inside the 6-8 range isn't too bad but you never know, maybe your plants are sensitive.

To bring it down a little, pick one of these and add a little bit of it (ground up) to the soil: Coffee grounds or lemon peels or cottonseed meal

If you ever need to raise it you can pick up some lime from a local grow shop.

9. Excellent watch test fan lol!