Ph level in bong water.

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by CanniBuns, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Hey guys,

This is my first post on here, so I hope not to embarrass myself too much. Well, I have a machine that can control the Ph level of the water that comes out of the tap from 2.5 to 9.5. My question is, would the Ph level in my bong water affect the overall high?

2. Good question. I don't see what difference it could make. Experiment a little a report back.

3. I absolutely plan on doing that. I'll let you guys know sometime in the wee hours of tomorrow.

4. The only difference I can see is maybe it will make the smoke a little smoother?

5. A low or high level? High, I'm assuming?

6. This is actually a really good first post. Very interesting question. Ill stay tuned and hopefully someone will post some results

7. Thank you! The question dawned on me about an hour ago, and I joined up just to ask this question. I was really trying not to bog down the forums with asinine questions.

8. Perhaps an altered pH level would filter more impurities?

9. just tested my bong water, tap water and rain water.
    my bong waters about two weeks old not really that dirty wasnt planning on changing it. ph was 8.7 kind of concerning lol.. my tap water was 7.5 and rain water 6.8
    for some reason i thought smoking would make it more acidic ? turns out it dose the oposite.. i think having nutral water in your bong would be the best.
    but i cant comment on how thc reacts to acidic or alkaline water bucause i just dont know.
    i am gonna go change my water though lol

10. Neutral. Around 7 is neutral I think. anything to basic or acidic will be irritating.

11. I see, I figured I'd just start at 9.5 and work my way down the scale to 2.5. Do you think it would be dangerous to use either extremes?

12. 2.5 is acicidic as lemon juice, 9.5 is as basic as baking soda. It probably would not be dangerous per se, but your throat is sensitive especially since you're already smoking, so I'd stick to 7 ish.

btw I didn't get this off the top of my head, I looked it up. wikipedia is your friend.

• Like Like x 1
  13. [quote name='"CanniBuns"']

I see, I figured I'd just start at 9.5 and work my way down the scale to 2.5. Do you think it would be dangerous to use either extremes?[/quote]

i dont think it would be dangeous it might be unpleasnt 2.5 is kinda the same as vinegar.. ur machine is for drinking water right ?

14. I drink vinegar ^^

Having the ph on the lower side would probly help keep crap from sticking to the side of your bong maybe?

I know a couple of drops of lemon keeps the bong way cleaner

15. Yes, the machine is for drinking water. I am my grandmother's caretaker and her body requires a very specific pH level of 7.0 (neutral), but the machine has several other levels available. So I just got curious.

16. This report is a few days overdue, but here are the results.

When the water is at 7 (neutral) the hits are significantly smoother than any other setting or simple tap water. The 2.5 was too harsh, so I mixed it 1/3 with 2/3 7pH and it proved nice in keeping my bong clean. Anything above 8 isn't advised. It gave me horrible cotton-mouth and left a bad taste. The potency was quelled in the higher settings as well. All in all, I say just stick with purified water as close to 7 as possible.

17. Thanks for doing the test op!

18. I was going to say keeping the water neutral at 7ph would probably be best, but OP already confirmed that. Thanks for posting.

19. Hey I know I'm late but would you think 9.5 is too harsh?

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. I guess you guys are throwing the health of what you inhale or breath in out the window.
    Basic knowledge of PH means you know that either extreme on the PH scale is acidic or caustic and is harmful to about everything living ... stay healthy

• Agree Agree x 1