1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

Ph level for Mothers in soil

Discussion in 'Absolute Beginners' started by Gregory, Jan 5, 2003.

1. Hi there
    I have some mother plants in soil in 24 inch pots with commerical potting soil which is six months old. I am wondering wot the right ph level is and how i can ajust it up or down.

Thankyou for your help.

Love and Light

2. 6.7

and u know...u can screw with the pH...but why bother.
    go out and buy a bag o good soil mix. u will save time and energy and prob money. and life is too damn short to try and get (and measure) the pH of ur soil exact. if u have any doubt that ur pH is screwy...just repot it...mama plants need lovin soil also.

9/10 times...pH movement is a problem of a mix of too much water and fert in already quality soil without proper drainage.
    soil is a great buffer system but thru human abuse...we fill that buffer system up. after the pt where that buffer quits workin...that is when the pH moves...and it goes fast one way or another after that pt. just dump the old stuff in ur garden outside and get some fresh stuff.

3. Thanks Froggy The only thing which i assume would not be a good idea with repotting mothers in new soil is thank my mothers are quite root bound.

Wot do think?

Grasscity Deals Near You