ph level drop using white vinegar?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by waterbong, Jul 6, 2009.

1. i know that adding it will drop the ph of the water but is it okay to water with? the ph of my water is 7 too high my soil ph is 7 and i know it should be lower

2. good question! anyone?

3. i've done some more reading and everythings pointing to it be safe ..i watered i few of them slightly with vinegar and a tbl spood full of unsulfered mollassase....they seem happpy:smoking:

4. Do you mean add it to soil undiluted? I wouldn't do that, you don't want your soil to be that acidic. I'd recommend adjusting pH gradually. If you pH the solution you put into the soil, in a few waterings, the pH should match the runoff.

5. If your ph is 7 your all good, you dont need to lower it. Just try and keep it around 6.5-7 and youll be fine.

6. If you are talking about using it to lower the pH of your water, I have heard people use apple cider vinegar, but I don't see why white vinegar wouldn't work too, I am googling around and it doesn't seem to be phytotoxic (at least not overly so).

7. thanx for the help yea i dilute it seems they are enjoying it i think i need to buy a better ph tester but if you say 7 is fine then i might not