Ph Keeps Rising

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by StoneyFOUR20, Jul 1, 2014.

1. I mixed in my nutes (gh flora series) in 1 gallon bucket of water then adjusted my Ph to 5.5 for my hydroponic setup my plants look really healthy & green the problem is after I adjust my PH it raises to about 7 within a couple hours then I adjust it again is this normal will it affect my plants if I keep adjusting it what should I do? I'm a first time grower thanks in advance

A little trick i do and you should try it...

Stop testing the reservoir. You are doing what I call "chasing your tail" you can test it 90 times a day and probably do no good.

When you make solution or some to top off, do it a gallon at a shot, make the soup perfect 5.8.
    Dump it in and do not test it.

Sound crazy but it works for me.

3. Even If u think it's off you still don't test it ? I was fine before I knew about PH haha I wouldn't even test it & my plants were doing great now I get all paranoid that it's off & check it everyday

4. #4 Grizzant420, Jul 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2014
    See I have the same issue you have. I just know that when I make my nutrient solution I should wait a day to let it rise to lower it, since the adjustment hold after, or I over compensate and I ends up right in at 6.0-6.5.

Thats it, the plants are fine. all testing does is get you chasing your tail.

Yes sir it says right on my bottles to not bother testing the res for 48 hours as it fluctuates then settles down to right on the money.

6. Thanks for the replies guys so I should just mix my nutes into my gallon of water let it sit for 48 hours before pouring it in? Or do I adjust the pH the same day or after the 48 hours ? Or just not adjust it at all ? Im using tap water

I mix soup and dump it in.

In 48 hours the plants look happy I don't test or do damn thing.

I would test if your water is some nasty shit you would never drink. My water is PH 7.2 , 40PPM real nice.

How is your water?

8. Before I started testing the ph levels my plant loved it it was probably around 6.5-7 usually 7 but it wasn't doing any harm to the plant I'm just gonna stick to not testing it