Ph keeps going up ppm stable

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Deano0991, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Bellow grower. Today I've flushed my girls out and started them on 12/12 so I've added flower nutes.
    Couple of questions here if someone could answer them my ppm for now is 550 ph I like to keep at 5.8 I'm checking every couple of hours and notice it creeps up to 6.0-6.3 is this the plants saying they need more nutes by any chance?
    Also I've not added any cal/mag as when in veg I've always added it am I right in not added any unless there's a sign that I need to?

Cheers lads

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. HI..
    A Ph swing is not a problem...as long as it stays in the 5.3 to 6.3 range... Different mobile and immobile nutrients are absorbed at different Ph ranges. There are a number of charts floating around GC that show this. I know that cal/mag are absorbed at higher Ph's.

Most say not to worry about the swings as long as they stay within the range you want. The saying is 'Don't chase the Ph swings'

As far as ppms, my transitional nutes (beginning of flower) run around 800-850 ppm (1.15-1.21 E.C.) and then slowly raise up to 1400 (2.0 E.C.) halfway to flush. I normally only add cal/mag during veg. I use R.O. water that has had all of the cal/mag (and everything else) removed, so I use cal/mag then. By the time I get to flowering nutes, the cal/mag is already their from my nutrient mixture.

Hope this helps... Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ya I don't sweat small ph swings either but I've found constant ph increases usually indicate my nutes may be too hot so I add water to res to drop down a couple hundred PPMs and monitor from there.

4. More at advice whobeboo cheers.
    Deman81k isn't it ph up ppm down = more nutes ppm goes up ph goes down = less nutes ppm stable ph goes up nutes are just right?
    This morning I have checked on them that 1 plant still seems a little droop leaves kind of like a hawk claw. The others seem great. Ppm hasn't moved ph went up to 6.3 so I've brought it back down to 5.8

5. Just passing on what I've experienced. Constant ph rise indicates hot nutes in veg. I have a room near the end of bud and the ph is decreasing at this time but I let the ph move between 5.5 and 6.3 and correct back to 5.8 when it's outa range. I rarely use ph up as most fluctuations in ph are increasing not decreasing in my experience

6. Yeah I only use ph down no need for ph up with my water