PH keeps going up fast!!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by LightGuy420, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Cool. Yea, I just tried fimming on one of my plants in dirt. though I think it's to early to tell if I did it right. Basically I found the two highest points of new growth (apical tip I believe is the term?) and opened the little fan leaves and trimmed about 3/4ths of the new growth inside. So guess I'll just wait and see what happens.

I would like to keep the plant about 3 feet, and I would like it to have a bunch of tops. I am currently "bushing" out my plants in dirt. I topped one, did the pinch and bend on one, attempted to fim one, and am trying a method I read about on the other one. It's kinda hard to explain, so I attached the diagram that I got the idea from.. It was from a thread on icmag, it's a nice tutorial on several different HST and LST methods. I can post the link if anyone wants it, just let me know! (not sure if it's cool to post links to other sites)..

So when do you think is the best time to start topping/fimming/training? I usually start as soon as they are long enough, usually third or fourth leaf set.. And when you said you don't trim until a week into 12/12, do you mean you just trim the smaller branches on the bottom of the stalk that won't produce sufficiant buds? and do you trim fan leaves at that point to? I have always been under the impression you want as many fan leaves as possible, but is it worth it to trim them to get light to more bud points?

Thanks for all the good info!

Attached Files:

2. Yah once the budsites begin to form you want as much light as possible to hit them. The fan leaves are important. I only trim fan leaves that are stopping light from hitting the budsites. This will increase the growth of that particular budsite in hopes it will catch up to other taller budsites.

First week of flower I trim a couple fan leaves and super crop. With the increase light to the lower branches, plus the plants reaction to super cropping, will cause those lower budsites to shoot up. The amount of growth you get is rediculous, just in 24 hours. It's ok to cut a couple fan leaves, just don't be trigger happy. Take it 2 days at a time, in small portions at first so you can see how your plants react to the pruning. Different strains re to different prune techniques.

3. Lst-tie down method works amazing, i find it's most effective when started very early in the plants life as the diagram sort of pictures.

You don't really notice the true effects of this method until you change light cycles. It really does save a lot of space.

4. Hi again. I think I figured out what is causing the browning in the roots. I was mixing some nutrients in a gallon jug to use to top of the buckets and noticed when I put in my cal mag (aurora soul synthetics grow nitrogen supplement) there was lots of little black specs in the water. So I'm guessing the roots are catching all the black specs and causing them to look brownish?

Has anyone else experienced this? It says on the bottle "for use in soil and hydroponics". So I just wanted to see if there is anything I should be concerned about with this?

Thanks!!
    (I will post some more pics this afternoon/evening)

5. Here are some pics I just took.

I FIMmed 4 days ago, and have been tucking the fan leaves to get more light to lower bud sites. Looks like it is coming along nicely in my opinion. Does it seem to be growing at a good/fast rate? I can tell it's healthy, but of course if it could be growing more quickly, that would be a plus :)

And what do you think about the roots? You can see the browning in the top half or so. I don't think it's a problem since I notice it a while back and everything seems to be fine. So I'm guessing it is just the specs from the cal mag I'm using getting caught in the roots. But is there anything I should be aware of or keeping an eye on because of this?

Thanks!!

Attached Files:

6. how did it work out ?

7. tip mix ur ph adjusters in seperate pail the cloudly u see is ur nutes turning back to its base/powder and now is unusable .....NEVER MIX PH/UP/DOWN DIRECTLY UR RES EVER..........

8. It worked out great! The Rhino looked like it was starting to produce seeds late in flower so I got it out of there a little early. But I had 2 Chem Dawgs in buckets, as well as some super lemon hazes in coco. It all came out excellent!! Probably one of my best to date. Thanks for all the help!!