PH keeps falling out of range please help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by goombamario, Mar 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. hey guys so my PH has been an issue, im growing in coco and i always ph my water when i feed them to 5.5-6.3 after mixing in all nutes, but runoff keeps going to 7... ive flushed them several times and brought ph down to 6 but one of my plants started looking sick again so i tested PH runoff and its at 7 again!

Anyone have any ideas?

2. I just flushed with 10 gallons of 4-5.5 ph water and runoff is only at 6.7 hows this possible.. theres gotta be something my in coco

3. Did you wash/buffer the coco before using it?

Check your ppm.

4. No i didnt buffer it at all just used water from my hose to break the bricks up, i also top dressed with like 1.5 inches of this soil i used from my last outdoor grow which i didnt ph at all called “black magic” because i was a little bit short on coco, i imagine that may be contributing to it as well but i dont see how if ive flushed so much acidic water through these girls

5. Well whatever is in that soil is leaching down. Was there any lime in it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. There was alot of stuff, volcanic ash, spaghnum etc

7. for a more accurate ph reading do a slurry test much more accurate good luck :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Whats your water source? What nutes are you using? Are you mixing nutes, PH adjusting and feeding the same day?

My city water takes 2 days of aeration and adjusting down PH before its useable.

BL

9. I have a water softner so my tap water comes out at 2ppm and im using gh flora series nutes, mixing in nutes then adding ph down to bring to 5.5-6 and i water right away