ph issues

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by abrahamx, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Yea, I dont know. I did mix the soil pretty well. I put it in a wheel barrow and mixed the bags together pretty well.

2. I was always having run off problems with FFOF. While there was runoff problems the plant showed 0 problems and was healthy. I added lime and watered with 7.0 water everyday and i havent checked the runoff yet but i figure if its healthy and looks good dont fuck with it. PS: Lime is good stuff if u didnt put it in your soil it takes away calcium and mag problems while buffering ph soil!

3. How much would I add in to my 5 gallon bags?

4. It just cracks me up cuz everytime there is a problem and I post it becomes a huge debate. I cant believe out of all these people growing and growing multiple times that no one has ran into this problem and resolved it with one way or the other. Seems like there is never an answer. It should be a matter-o-fact by now one would think. I can either keep raising my input water to get the correct ph or lower it to 6.5 or 7 or whatever and get a real low runoff. I dont really want to be the one to experement to try to figure it out. With all this wealth of growing knowledge surely some one has been there done that. No? If not I guess I will pioneer the way and let you all know the results. My notion is to go for correct ph runoff whatever it takes. Just that 10.0 seems awefully high to be adding . I did not like adding 8.5 on my last grow either but it worked. 10 just seems crazy. But I still get a 5.4 runoff on two plants with 9.5. They do look worse since watering yesterday. The one with the 6.5 runoff got more worse that the others??

5. [quote name='"abrahamx"']It just cracks me up cuz everytime there is a problem and I post it becomes a huge debate. I cant believe out of all these people growing and growing multiple times that no one has ran into this problem and resolved it with one way or the other. Seems like there is never an answer. It should be a matter-o-fact by now one would think. I can either keep raising my input water to get the correct ph or lower it to 6.5 or 7 or whatever and get a real low runoff. I dont really want to be the one to experement to try to figure it out. With all this wealth of growing knowledge surely some one has been there done that. No? If not I guess I will pioneer the way and let you all know the results. My notion is to go for correct ph runoff whatever it takes. Just that 10.0 seems awefully high to be adding . I did not like adding 8.5 on my last grow either but it worked. 10 just seems crazy. But I still get a 5.4 runoff on two plants with 9.5. They do look worse since watering yesterday. The one with the 6.5 runoff got more worse that the others??[/quote]

Idk man for me personally 6.5 to 7.0 works for me in soil. Anything higher than 7 and I get problems so idk why u put such a high ph in and they do ok? Everyone I know who grows including my local hydro shops don't measure the runoff. Weird

6. Hey, well maybe I should try that. Measuring the runoff is just what I learned right here on this forum. If one searches the issue on this forum that is what you will find. Ofcourse, I run into a Grey Area(all areas).

7. So the general idea is to put in 6.5-7.0 then? Dont worry about runoff? Just looking to make it absolutely clear

8. For how much lime to add? Some people get the powdered version which goes into your water. I could not get my hands on that so instead i use the pelleted version which goes into your soil or on your top soil. If you get the pelleted version just add a nice layer to your top soil, i cant remember how much for the powdered but im sure u could google it. O and powdered version works much faster.

9. Cool, hopefully my local HTG Supply store will have it on hand.

10. Damn, dude! You got some MONSTER buds out of that grow. Amazing!!! :hello:

11. [quote name='"abrahamx"']So the general idea is to put in 6.5-7.0 then? Dont worry about runoff? Just looking to make it absolutely clear[/quote]

Ya man I mean it has always worked perfectly for me. Try it and if it doesnt help or if ur yield goes down go back to doing what u were doing. You weren't getting bad yields by any means. I grew big bud my last grow and my plants weren't that big at all and I got 17 ounces of 6 small plants. Begged for 4 weeks harvested at 8 weeks flower. Under a 1000 watt. I would think that would solve the issues and hopefully increase yield a little bit

12. [quote name='"invertedfailer"']

Ya man I mean it has always worked perfectly for me. Try it and if it doesnt help or if ur yield goes down go back to doing what u were doing. You weren't getting bad yields by any means. I grew big bud my last grow and my plants weren't that big at all and I got 17 ounces of 6 small plants. Begged for 4 weeks harvested at 8 weeks flower. Under a 1000 watt. I would think that would solve the issues and hopefully increase yield a little bit[/quote]

Vegged not begged lol

13. No comment :rolleyes:.

14. Wow man, I just bought a tester and for shits and giggles tested the runoff. I'm using soil, and feeding them at 6.5ph. The tested runoff was exactly 6.5ph. Cool huh?

15. #36 abrahamx, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011
    Yea, thats cool. Without a tester, how do you know you have been feeding them at 6.5?

16. Just in the last 2 weeks I have realized from the fine folks in this grass city that it is a crucial path that can not be avoided. My ph was 7.5. I had no idea why my leaves were light in color and brown around hte edges and growth issues were abundant. Now, I feel invincible! At least in avoiding ph problems. I bought an $11 bottle of down that will last near a year. My leaves are turning a beautiful deep green and look healthier than ever. Good luck man!

17. Thanks, been throught many bottles of up. But still have my first bottle of down. With the nutes I use the ph drops alot after adding, so ph up is used alot. Probably 3/4 a bottle per grow.